18

The pack did not know what to say about Scarlett's story

They wanted to feel hatred, they wanted to feel an emotion that they had tied whenever they were around vampires, but for some reason all they could feel pity. The life of being a bloodsucker was forced upon the girl, and she hated it. 

That was something that none of the pack members had considered. 

The pack had truly believed that Scarlett had turned a vampire out of her own free will. That was a case for a lot of them. Though, the situation had hit closer to home. Paul had felt immense guilt, he did not know the main reason as to why she had felt pain in her life. 

No one within the pack and their family had ever believed that for whatever reason, they would have allowed a vampire and their midst, but times had changed. The pack had to accept that things were going to be different now, whether they had liked it or not. Surprisingly, Leah was the one who had comforted Scarlett. 

The first female wolf was the one who is comforting the vampire girl.

"I understand," Leah spoke. 

She actually didn't understand the scenario, but she had attempted to console the girl who had to go through her memories all over again to be able to explain her side of her story. The pack had also now known that Edward was her biological sibling. 

A fact that at first, only Paul had only known. 

It wasn't that it was a bad thing, but, Jacob had hated vampires because of Edward. Scarlett just did not want any more problems. She wanted something normal, or at least somewhat normal.

"Thank you, um," Scarlett did not know Leah's name, none of the pack actually really formally introduce themselves to her. 

Instead due to their beliefs, they had chosen to ignore her. 

"I'm Leah," Leah replied back. 

Scarlett had remained in her embrace. If the girl was human, she would be sobbing. Scarlett has struggled as a vampire for such a long time, and no one in her family had noticed. When she was a newborn, there was some form of attention that was given. 

Though, as the years had passed on, they had created a distance from her. The Cullen family, a family that she believed in, had chosen to reject her to give attention to others and to 'more important' tasks.

Everyone in the pack had felt bad now, they were too quick to judge the girl. She was just a girl who was pushed into this world without a choice. 

Everyone in the pack had introduced themselves, and then Paul had switched places with Leah. Even though Scarlett was his imprint, that did not mean that he did not feel somewhat jealous that Leah of all people was comforting Scarlett.

That was his job and no one was going to take it away from him.

"We are sorry for the way that we have treated you up until now Scarlett," Jared started off.

The rest of the pack did have apologetic looks, and then Embry had added on,

"The reason that we acted like this is that a vampire coming to our land, becoming an imprint to a wolf, is such a huge change. We were raised to believe that the cold ones are our enemies, and now our spirits are telling us that one of them is now our friends," Embry stated. 

The two had been able to represent how the entire group was feeling, other than Paul and Sam, and they were all sorry at this point about their behavior. They now knew her story, and they also no longer wanted to be on Paul's bad side. 

"I forgive you all," Scarlett had stated. 

She had then added on,

"I just hope that we can move ahead from this now," Scarlett added on. 

Paul beamed at how mature his imprint was, and he was happy that she was so forgiving about the way that the pack had acted. There was no excuse for it, but now the tension was out of the room. They could all focus, and they had all understood more about Scarlett. 

She was basically a part of the pack now. 

The whole pack had collectively nodded their heads, and now the two girls who were the imprints of two of the wolves had walked into the room. 

They wanted to meet and interrogate the new imprint who had joined their 'club'.