Mothers love (Satin III)

"But behind all your stories is always your mother's story, because hers is where yours begins."

Mitch Albom, For One More Day

********

Satin laughed sadly.

- "Type dear, if I don't tell you everything now, I don't think I'll have the courage next time. I don't want to waste any more time. I've made some decisions and now I have to live with the consequences. So please listen to the end, you may hate me, maybe you will condemn me, you may no longer want to have anything with me, but now that I know you are not alone and have a person who can protect you, I can talk about your father and the things that happened before and after your birth. please listen to the end. "

Satin drank some tea, sighed, and continued the story.

-"I confess Type that I hated you, I didn't even want to look at you. I acted like you didn't exist. When you cried I didn't take you in my arms, I didn't feed you, I never bathed you. All that older woman did.  I used to work all day, just so I wouldn't have to look at you. But in the evening it was hard not to be aware of your presence. Type, it's not that I want to justify my actions, but since I didn't know what it meant to have family, I thought you would survive without me. I even thought to ask that woman to recognize you as her child and I to go far and never look for you again. But ... I couldn't do it. Something kept me by your side. Two months after you were born, a group of people from Malaysia came to my vilage. The locals were excited because they were investors. They also asked me to get involved and help with caring for guests. To shorten the story, there was a very rich man among them who immediately showed  interested in me.  It was the first person I used in my journey. He rented a house for me, invested in me. From a fishing village girl, in half a year, I became a real city girl. People started on the street noticing me. But that was not enough. He also paid me a couple of surgeries. I fixed some imperfections, changed my name, no one could connect me to the girl who gave birth in the fishing hut. I spent a year and a half with him. And then I met a businessman from Bangkok.

I immediately seized the opportunity. He introduced me to some people in the fashion world ... little by little I started to become famous ... first an advertisement, then a small role in the series, then another ... eventually I seduced a famous director and got the lead role in the series. Everyone praised my beauty and my acting. You see Type, my life was like a Thai lakorn, I've been acting all my life, so roles in series have not been a big challenge for me. Satin was a lie created just for wanting revenge on Max. Oh, did I tell you that your father's name was Maximilian. Max. It's funny isn't it? But his grandmother was European and gave all her grandchildren European names ... she thought they sounded classy. So Max was Maximilian and Alex was actually Alexander. "

Type was silent, and Tharn  trying to read anything on his face. He couldn't imagine how Type was feeling while listening to this. To him, this story realy  sounds like Satin recounting some thai lakorn. But sadly he was aware that Satin was telling the truth ... the ugly truth ...
- "My ascent lasted 5 years, during which time you, my boy, were raised by nannies. You were an incredibly silent child. I even thought there was something wrong with you. But I didn't deal with you much. No one knew about you, if any of my "friends" saw you in the house they thought you were the son of a maid. When I was finally financially stable, I decided to hire a private detective.

I was blinded by anger Type, I was hungry for revenge, hungry to show Max what I  accomplished. Anger and a desire for revenge were the only two things that made me go forward. But then I got a slap in the face when a private detective filed an investigation report. Max was dead. That's the only thing I saw. I went crazy instantly. For days I partied, drank ... made a bunch of scandals, gained a reputation that does not flatter any woman. When the anger and disappointment finally let me, I sat down and read in detail what the report said. As I crossed the lines, I suddenly felt cold throughout my body. It was clear from the report that the family thought it was my fault for Max's death! If a family involved in dirty work considered me guilty, my fear was justified. And then I thought of you, my little one. What will happen to you if they find me? What if they take you and raise you to hate me or not to know about me. You had mine and Max's genes, which we must admit they weren't the best. What would become of you if that family took you in? Certainly not what you are today. I don't know what happened to me at that moment, but something woke up in me. Probably that motherly instinct. I knew I had to protect you from these people. I knew no one should know about you. I sent the same detective to that village on the border with Malaysia. He told me he found the people I lived with. These wonderful people told him that maybe 7-8 months after my departure, some people came and inquired about the young girl. The locals told them that they remembered the arrival of the girl, but unfortunately the girl had drowned. Do you understand Type, these wonderful simple people protected me. I don't know if they believed them, but they were no longer returning to the fishing village. But I additionally made sure no one connected us. Since you were born in a fishing hut and I did not immediately report you to the municipality, I was able to arrange for you a false surname. They could no longer associate me with that face or name of that runaway girl. We were safe. But fear remained. As the years went by I discreetly learned what had happened to Max. With that, I also found out what kind of person Max really was. But I won't talk about it. I'll just tell you what happened to him.

A few months after our escape attempt, Max received a message. Supposedly the message was from me. I wrote to wait for him at our place, to have something to show him. I blackmailed him, that if he tells someone or doesn't come alone, I'll go straight to his dad. When he got out of the house in the evening and headed to the meeting place, his younger half brother saw him and followed. When Max arrived at the scheduled location, a group of people attacked  and tried to kidnap him. Alex also intervened and called for help. Kidnappers were scared of Alex's screams, in that turmoil someone pushed Max who fell and hit his head. He was dead immediately. Alex saw this, he started screaming and crying and calling out to Max. The kidnappers, to silence him, shot Alex and fled. When police and ambulance arrived, Alex was still alive, but there was no help for Max.

In Max's pocket, they found a message I allegedly sent. Then the investigation went in that direction and no one was looking for the right culprits. I continued my life in fear. I kept trying to have as many powerful protectors in case something happened. We lived peacefully for a couple of years. But then you Type started to grow, your face started to change, with each passing year you looked more and more like Max. My fear is back again. What if someone sees you, what if they recognize you. Your face is identical to your father's, wait, I have one photo to show you. "

Satin pulled a photo from her bag and handed it to Type.
Type and Tharn  looking at the guy in the photo. Type felt like he was looking at his face in the mirror. He returned Satin's photo. She looked at her for a long time and then spoke again.

- "Now you understand why I panicked when you said you met Alex. On the way to your apartment, I asked some people to collect information about him."

Tharn then said:

- "I have already investigated Alex. I have not encountered anything out of the ordinary. He was educated abroad, not in dirty business. There is nothing to indicate that he deliberately approached Type."

Sati shook her head and said,

- "I'm confused Tharn, I'm just confused."

Type got up and sat down next to Satin, taking her hand:

- "Mom, I don't think Alex came to me deliberately. I can't explain it to you, but I don't feel like I'm in any danger. I know it's been hard for you to tell all this, but I'm grateful because I know the truth now."

Satin squeezed his hand. She knew Type was a good kid.

- "Type, because of my desire for revenge and then because of fear, I lost a lot. I lost myself. I lost you. I lost my chance to be a mother. I lost my chance to be a family. I know that nothing can justify my actions. Because of that I paid a hefty price. When I realized how much you look like Max I felt weird. I couldn't look you in the face. But now I know Type, you are a child born of love. Now I know. Whatever I ever thought  the fact is I loved Max. He's my first and only love. I know I'm shameless for saying all this, I'm not asking you to forgive me, but ... Could you spend some time with me from time to time? "

Type was staring at that beautiful face that millions of people adored. But Type did not see Satin, on her face now he saw that young girl who had the misfortune of falling in love with the wrong person. So he smiled broadly and said:

-"Of course Mom, I have nothing to forgive you . I've never been hungry or thirsty. I've always had a roof over my head. The best education. I didn't have a mother, but I got used to it over the years. I don't know if I can do it right now to forget and act as if nothing had happened.
But slowly, day by day, month by month, maybe we can give a chance to get to know each other. Let's get closer. Don't punish yourself anymore."

Satin cried and Type hugged her gently. They stayed like that for a while and then Type realized that Tharn was no longer in the living room. He moved slightly away from Satin.

- "I'll get you some water, and you might want to wash up. The bathroom's that way."

Satin nodded and headed for the bathroom. Type looking for Tharn. He found him on the terrace.

-"Here you are."

- "Mmmm, I thought I should leave you a little alone. That was your moment."

-"Thank you."

Tharn hugged Type.

- "Baby, what do you think we're asking Satin to stay here tonight? Maybe it's not good for her to be alone."

Type nodded and smiled.