Time between dog and wolf (part I)

Title is taken from a French saying "L'heure entre chien et loup" and refers to the moments after sunset when the sky darkens and vision becomes unclear, making it difficult to distinguish between dogs and wolves, friends and foe.

Now a few words from me.

This is the longest chapter so far, (and this is only the first part) as you know i don't have an editor or proofreader, so once again i beg you to forgive me for grammatical errors and weird sentences.

I thought the story might be a little faster, but when I start explaining some of the events, I want to cover everything, then the writing gets delayed, the action slows down a little bit, but if I'm already doing this then I want to get it right.

Thanks again for reading, comments, stars / votes.

I hope that you are all healthy and safe❤

***********

4 young men talked about things to solve and do. Tharn and Alex had a plan, but Alex's father refused to see them. Several times Alex called a lawyer but the answer was always the same. Tharn did not lose his composure. It was not the time for mistakes, he needed to stay as focused as possible. He wondered why the old man persistently rejected them. Eventually, he and Alex headed to the law firm.

- "Mr Tharn, Mr Alex, please sit down. I'm sorry, but Mr. L answer is still the same."

- "Could you please, at least, tell us when Mr. L could to invite us?"

- "Mr Tharn, I thought you were currently preoccupied. I hear there are some problems in your hotels right now."

Tharn just smiled:

- "Nothing I can't handle. I have a great team of people. And when I find out who is behind these attacks ... let's just say that I know how to deal with that person."

- "I'm glad Type has such a capable partner."

- "You know Type ??" - Tharn and Alex asked at the same time.

- "Oh yes, I've known him since he was a boy, though he probably doesn't remember me."

- "May I know where you met him?"

- "Of course, I'm not hiding anything. I also represent Satin. I'm her lawyer and a friend."

Tharn and Alex looked at each other. What the hell is going on here?

- "Does Satin know that you also represent the man she has been hiding from all her life?"- Tharn asked.

-"Of course she doesn't. I would ask you to stay that way. I respect Mrs. Satin, and always represented her professionally. I received a call from her this morning. My associates checking what happened at the agency. Assure you, I will do everything to protect her. She is an exceptional person, and I would never, but never do anything that could harm her. I would protect her even at the cost to personally confront Mr. L. "

Tharn and Alex remained silent. Although the lawyers were unscrupulous sharks this one sounded like he honestly meant everything he just said.

-"Mr. Attorney, if you could convince Mr. L somehow, it would really mean a lot. I want to say a few things in his face. I know he is not behind these attacks on me and Satin, but I'm sure he can give us answers that they would take us to the real culprit. "

- "Mr. Tharn, I'll tell you a few things. Maybe I shouldn't, but you're a very persistent man, and since Alex is here, I think I can give you some information. The thing is, Mr. L is very ill. When he meets Alex, he didn't wear an oxygen mask. He didn't want Alex to see him like that. That exhausted him terribly. And his condition was getting worse. That's why he can't see you now. As soon as his condition is a little better, and if he can talk, I'll contact you. This firm has been representing Mr. L. for 40 years. It was my father's job, and since he retired, It's my job. I know this means nothing to you, but trust is very important in this business. Mr. L trusts me, so he trusted me to look after his grandson. At first that's why I approached Satin. But in the meantime, this woman has become very important to me. "