Let the games begin

I managed to somehow fulfill the promise and write a chapter for the weekend. We have Max's POV and some more surprises. Let the games begin 😉

********

Max's POV

In the most elegant part of Bangkok, in an apartment equipped with the most modern technology, a man was sitting and looking at one of the dozen large screens that were on the wall. It was a man in his 40s, dressed all in black. Partially graying hair, regular nose, face on which were not many wrinkles. You could say an extremely handsome man. But his eyes were as black as night, they were the eyes of the dead, and his lips curled into a smile that gave his whole face an ominous look.

Maximilian L, the eldest son of the head of the most famous mafia Organization. Maximilian L, officially dead for the whole world.

Max stared at the screen showing the imposing gate. A couple of hours ago, a few people passed through that gate and still haven’t come out. Have they learned the truth by now? - Max wondered - they probably did, a group of mice gathered around the old cat. This will be fun until the very end.

Max stood up and looked out the window, the sound of cars mingling with people's voices. Max still couldn’t get used to Bangkok. He lived abroad for twenty years, the years spent in Thailand were like some distant memory that he persistently suppressed. Max hated this town but wanted to go back to the house where he was happiest, but couldn’t do that as long as the old man was alive. Max remembered his mother reading bedtime stories to him, making plans together, where they would go when Max grew up. But then the mother changed. Sometimes he was afraid of her, sometimes he would hide somewhere and cry for hours. The day he found his mother hanged, it was as if the boy, who was watching it split in two. As a nine-year-old, he did not know how to explain it, but later he realized what it was. With the death of his mother, the last bit of humanity that Max had in him disappeared. Although she left no farewell message, Max remembered what she had told him the night before.

~~ Max, my son. When you grow up you will understand some things. Power is everything. That's why you have to become a powerful Max. Don't forget that your father is to blame for everything. And that he has to pay. ~~

That was the last thing she told him.

But Max didn't have any power then, he tried to outwit the old man, but in the end, by chance, he only managed to hurt that bastard Alex. Happy bastard who forgot everything and lived in blissful ignorance all these years. After the first failure, Max waited for the day when he would have the power to do something. The old man made a few mistakes. First, he let Max survive. The second, became sentimental and the third, although he hid Type from him for years, eventually the old man brought Max to his son. Son. Max didn't know how to feel about the fact that he had a child.

He wasn't sure what to do with Type. That young man was now an anomaly in his plan, which he had been planning for twenty years. When he set up a plan at the age of 18, to take money from old man by fake kidnapping, he had two goals: old man finds Praya and solves the problem instead of Max, and take ransom money, with which would later figure out how to implement the plan to overthrow the old man from the position of head of the Organization. In his head it seemed like a good and simple plan. When the opportunity arose to kill Alex, it was like dreaming. But he had no idea that those incompetent fools would blow everything up, and that in the end he would be fucked. The old man realized what Max had done, and to punish him, he first sent Max to Japan and then a few months later to Switzerland. At the hospital for lunatics. Where Max was for a full 7 years. From the first day Max began to set up a new plan. This time he had to work out to the last detail because this was the last chance to fulfill his mother's wish.