Pretzels and bud light

I get home in a daze. I don't really remember getting back in the truck I feel like I've just seen a ghost. I have really, the ghost of Christmas past for fuck sake.

What is she doing here? She's not supposed to be here. Not that I keep tabs on her or anything but I've not known her to come back to Texas since she left me all those years ago.

Jodie comes running over when I walk in "gosh Austin you look paler than earlier are you feeling ok?!" She puts the back if her hand on my forehead to check my temperature.
"No I've just bumped into (x) at the store"

"What? It's been a while since I heard her name said out loud." She mutters
"Did you speak to her?"

"Kinda, she was Infront of me at the cashier. She's changed alot" I rub my now aching head. Shit how can she still make me fall apart after all these years. She only said hi and I'm a fucking mess

"We all change Austin. Look at you, your definitely not who you where in high school" my dad rubs my back.

"We didn't speak much but damm she looks good. Like she always looked good but she's grown now. She's a woman..." I rub my face with my hands "how can me seeing her for 5 minutes make me a mess like this. I can perform Infront of thousands but (x) turns me into a quivering mess"

(X) POV

Shit he looks good. Shit those feelings never went away even if I did. I left him for both our benefits. Well that's what I like to say to myself to make me feel better about my decision. I was 17 give me a break. He had his whole life and music career ahead of him I would have just dragged him down if I had stayed. And see where he is. That whole first album was basically wrote because hates me. I've got to live with that. Everyday

His heart broke allover again when I turned round earlier. His beautiful face cracked. Fuck. I've missed that face so much. I stalk that face far too regularly. I know I shouldn't and I'm opening old wounds when I do it but it's worth it. That smile warms my heart. I think about all those times he used to smile at me like that.

I didn't think he would be back for Christmas. Thought he'd be living it up in LA with his friends or with his gf. He seemed to like Asian looking girls now. I guess I broke his type. I fucked it up for all those brunette white girls throwing themselves at him. Sorry ladies my fault.

Should I just go home now. Back to Vegas where I could hide away again hide in plain sight. There's so much that goes on in Vegas you could blink and miss me. He probably had in the past I'm sure I've seen him on nights out when he's been in Vegas. I try to stay in or away from certain bars if I know he's in town . To avoid the heartache or humiliation. My dad would hate me if I left now. I never told him why I left really either and he's never fully forgiven me either. The 2 most important men in my life and I screwed them both over in the same day

I was so nervous earlier. I could feel someone behind me and I had a gut feeling they where staring at me. Did he know who it was from the get go? I don't think so he was too shocked when I turned around. Fuck that hurt in his eyes I can never get over that. Those eyes that I fell in love with. That can see straight into my soul.

Shit I wanted to touch him make sure he was real. That I hadn't made him up or dreamt it. But I don't know how he would of reacted. That kills me inside. It's been like 7years and it still hurts .

And omg I was buying our normal Friday night order bud light and pretzels aswell . Do you think he noticed? Bet he thinks I'm such a stalker. I just couldn't help reminising over the old times and needed them to remind me of him. Sounds even worse!!! I'm a fucking psycho, I am the psycho ex girlfriend. Shit

There was only Jenny who knew I was coming into town. Shit she's the only one that knows where I live. I dropped off the face of the earth when I left here for DC. I was staying in Texas for Austin after my mum moved away but he needed to get away from here or he would get stuck here that's one of the reasons I left. To stop hindering him .

Well shit it worked he's this big worldwide rock star and I didn't do too bad for myself. After college I started my own clothing brand. Which does pretty well . Even had Posty co asking for some designs I obviously had to graciously decline. Well that would be super awkward at design meets or fittings. Hey, yeah nice to meet you all.

I'm the bitch that broke his heart