Old friends

(X) POV

So he touched me and my body has been on fire ever since. I can't concentrate. Not that I was doing beforehand. He was asking me simple questions and I just couldn't give him cohesive answers. He makes me so nervous. He never used to. He always put me at ease. But not now, now I feel like I'm on pins. I'm not sure if it's my conscience or the fact that I'm still incredibly attracted to him. If not more than I was. Like he's a man now. Like bend me over, choke me sort of man. And it intimidates me. And I love it

He's always been the good guy and that was one of the reasons I had to leave. He always does the right thing and it would have been the wrong decision. I had to take that option away from him for his own good. I never stopped loving him and  not sure who's heart broke more that day mine or his.

His song just told the world about it. I had to internalise it. No-one cared when I moved that I had a broken heart. I was an outsider a loner. That the complete opposite to what I was in Texas.

He's not the good guy anymore, and it's turning me on

I know he wanted to ask me why I left but I don't think he's ready for the answer yet and he knows that so he left it alone. When he's ready he'll ask and I won't keep it from him.

We made our way inside and just for a while it felt like old times.

"That sweatshirt is dope (x), is it blackheart?" Austin plucks at my top "they refused to work with me"

"Yeah it is! Everything they do is dope" Jenny teases "the owner is a badass designer but I'm not sure you working together would have gone well" I cringe

"Your the owner" his eyes go wide

"Yeah, sorry about that. I told you I was scared to see you. Didn't think me and you working together was a good idea at the time"  he's looking at me dumbfounded "maybe we could now?"

"You own a clothing company and I don't know who you are?! How is that even possible?" I giggle at his astonishment

"What can I say I'm mysterious now?"  I flip my hair over my shoulder. I don't know where this sass is coming from because I'm a bag of nerves around him

"So" he's nervous I can tell he's fidgeting"do you have a boyfriend, husband?" He rubs the back of his neck. His tell take sign.

"No neither, are you single? What am I saying your a rockstar bet there's lines of girls waiting for their turn" I chuckle hoping hes single. Not sure why because he hates me...

"Yeah I'm single and no I don't have a que. I'm not the best looking even with money." He shrugs, he actually believes that...

"You've always been handsome" I blurt out. Subtle real subtle (x)

"So this is a new look" he motions to me

"For you maybe, I just grew up and out of the preppyness. I wasnt a cheerleader in DC so it knocked the pep right out of me"

"You not a cheerleader?!" He seems genuinely shocked

"Yep I was kinda a loner in my senior year" I admitted

"You? You where the life of the party!!"

"Only with you..." I looked down at my drink "anyway says you with the face tattoos!! My look isn't that drastic compared to you!!" He rubbed them

"They make me interesting"

"You've always been interesting" more than interesting, perfect.

"So what tattoos do you have?" He looks down at my midriff. I lift my top up at the side and try to move my bra out the way. It's a dreamcatcher.

"I remember the one you had above your bed" he smiles "I used to knock it off everytime we uh" he coughs. Had sex, he can't even bring himself to say it...

I pull my sleeve up to show a mandala style design with a skull and roses down my while forearm.

"That's sick" he traces the outline making my skin tingle at his touch.

I pull my leggings up at the ankle showing an angel wing "I have them on both ankles"

"I'm going to bed" Jenny yawns. Shit we've been talking like they aren't even In the room and it's their house how rude...

"Oh we can get going sorry" I just said we like we are still together. Shit I want the ground to swallow me up

Austin's POV

She's such a different person now it's like my (x) but different. My first love is still in there just grown. I'm fascinated I want to know everything. How does she live so close but I had no idea. 

I cant believe I brought up us having sex. Like I couldn't even finish the sentence I felt that stupid. Now I'm imagining having sex with her now. Fuck I bet it would be good. It was good back then but now, shit bet she's picked up some new moves. 

Jenny was yawning headed up the stairs

Id completely forgotten where we where. I can't even remember the last time either of them spoke.

She just referred to us as a we. Fuck that slip of the tongue has sent me overboard. Does she want us to be a we again? Do I  want us to be a we again?

We stand awkwardly outside Jason's

"Do you want a lift? I've only had 1 drink?" She asks

"Yeah sure, thanks"

We get in silently, this is awkward. Shit she's driving shift. Thats so hot. We pull up outside my dads, she remembers where I live. Not like she wasn't here everyday for the 3 years we where together like dumbass

She seems nervous. She's drumming her fingers and tapping her foot. She only does that when she's nervous.

"How long you in town for"she looks up at me she looks so vulnerable. I would have never said that about her before she was always so confident

"I leave on the 27th back to Utah" I feel like I'm a bumbling teenager again.

"Not long then, rockstar" I love her calling me that. She sighs and leans back looking through the sunroof "remember when we used to go lie watching the stars after game nights? I miss those simple days"

"Let's go now!" Shit is this a good idea? "Let's get some beers and pretzels and..." She's looking at me like I'm crazy

"Let's do it" she smiles