Chapter 16

Their face turned pale as if their lives had been sucked from their body.

"Vyom, I need answers RIGHT NOW!" I yelled at him.

The whole room was pin dropped silence as if it was defining the arrival of strom of my life!

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Each and every person present in the room was looking at me horrifically. None had expected me to blast out like that. They were looking at each other with meaningful eyes. Might be thinking of any escape.

But I am too stubborn to leave this matter so easily!

My gaze was fixed on Vyom just like his into mine. Both of us were looking at each other with different emotions playing on it.

He was the only one whose eyes was telling me something more than just horror.

Determination? Or prediction? Or may be protection!

After a brief silence my mom spoke up to me first.

"Sharanya what is this? Don't you have any manners? This is how you are speaking with your best friend?" Mom said with a nervous voice, pretending to be tough, trying to escape from this matter. But failed miserably.

"Not today mom. He needs to answer me now. Even if you have problem with that why don't you tell me everything instead of him! You know as much as he knows. I just want my answers. That's it." I said firmly. My voice was hard as mom finched after hearing it.

But I didn't care about that anymore. I was done with their lies.

"Sharanya, dear. Please calm down. This is not what you are thinking right now. It is just a photo.." Madhavi Aunty said.

"Photo of Vyom's engagement which I can't even remember happening!? Please Aunty stop lying to me. I am done with this." I said with exhausted voice.

Why they are not disclosing anything to me? What's the damn problem!?

"Sharanya please try to.."

"No mom. Let her know the truth now. Enough pretending." Suddenly Vyom got his voice. Everyone looked at him with unbelievable eyes.

"Let her know everything now! She has  right to know about it!" Vyom again said never leaving my eyes.

Then I saw the emotion clearly which I was confused about before!

Determination of protecting someone!

"Vyom, what the hell are you talking about? Do you have any idea what did you just say?" Madhavi Aunty said in her angry voice while reaching towards him.

"Rajan, say something to your son.." Uncle was standing there silently.

"No mom. Don't stop me anymore. This is the right time to say her everything. Trust me!" Vyom said, pleading to his mom.

"Vyom don't you..." Madhavi Aunty's voice was cut off by Vyom again.

"Sharanya, you are right. I was engaged with her, Shivani. The girl who used to be your best friend." Vyom said and sighed deeply.

"Why couldn't I remember her?" I asked still looking at his eyes.

"Because you have Partial Memory loss!" He said and I was stunned by his statement.

I was right, no, actually Shiv was right! Oh God! What?

"You couldn't have any memories of your past life apart from us!" He said again.