Chapter 23

Continued From The Past....

Third Person Point of View

It was another day of Mussoorie. The Summer vacation had started in each educational institution. The students were all doing fun together, few of them went for short trips with family or friends, unlike Shivani and Sharanya and Vyom. They were trapped into their home for dissertation work of their respective subjects.

Just like any other day of vacation, Sharanya came to the Khanna Residence for group study as it was the turn for that place of group study.

Sharanya was welcomed by Freddy who was one of the home maid of Khanna Residence.

She came directly to the Shivani's room and knocked it.

"Come yaar!" Shivani's voice was audible from the other side of the room.  She came inside the room. Shivani was preparing for the group study. Though they had different subjects, they still preferred studying together. It made them focus into that.

'Old habits hard to die!'

"So, what's up! Did you complete the Review of Literature part?" Shivani asked her while arranging her laptop and books.

"Nope. Still one part is left. I need to conclude it today before sending it to my supervisor. Only after then she will tell me further of my work." Sharanya said exhausted. Her face had sunken due to extreme stress and sleepless nights.

"By the way, how is Uncle? What doctor has said this time?" Sharanya asked, concern was there in her voice.

"Yeah. Dad is fine now. Doctor has said as usual what he normally said, to not take too much work pressure. But as you know, he will never listen to him. He is such a workaholic man! We are getting fed up now. If he doesn't listen to us further his blood pressure will rise again." Shivani signed deeply out of frustration.

"Yes right. His heart is also weak to tolerate this." Sharanya leaned her back on the wall after sitting on the bed, beside Shivani.

"Yeah Sharu, even bhai is getting irritated now. As you know, how much calm he is normally. But dad will never listen." They stopped for a minute.

"By the way Sharu, how is going on with bhai nowadays?" Shivani raised her eyebrows and grinning at her. Sharanya's cheeks turned red.

"What are you expecting?" She said embarrassed, smiling brightly.

"I am expecting many things, you know. Do everything but don't become three from two!" Shivani continued teasing her.

"Shut up Shivani! Leave my topic, whats going on between you and vyom? Nowadays, you are not avoiding him!" Sharanya looked at her suspiciously.

"Anyway, at least you both are not in awkward position anymore." Sharanya sighed.

But he should have confused to her now! May be he still doesn't understand his feelings for her! Such an IDIOT he is! But I thought they are dating now secretly! I guess no progress!

Sharanya was thinking very deeply as she didn't notice Shivani's sudden agitation.

"Sharanya I want to say something." She was still hesitant.

"What?" Sharanya snapped out from her thoughts and focused on her fully.

"Vyom and I are dating for nearly one year!" Shivani said and looked at her bestie as she didn't respond for a minute.

"Shivani!!!" Then Sharanya yelled at her excitedly. Shivani signaled her to calm down but alas!

"So, I was right! You are dating him." She shouted with her full voice.