Chapter 26

July 25 2016

"Good morning." Shane said coming into the conference room where Becky sat with Nattie, Naomi and Eva.
"Morning." Eva said.
"No Alexa or Carmella?" Shane asked.
"No and we've been waiting ages." Eva said.
"You got here like five minutes ago." Naomi said. "Word is their plane was delayed but they are on their way now."
"Good." Shane said.
"Do you have any idea about their characters?" Becky asked.
"Alexa has a vibe of Harley Quinn, she's going heel." Shane said. "And Carmella is the Princess of Station Island."
"Sounds odd." Nattie said.
"Both seem to make it work." Shane said. "They have good potential and I am sure in no time we'll see what they can do."

The door opened and two girls walked in.
"Sorry we're late?" Carmella said.
"We heard about your plane." Shane said. "Why don't we sit down and get to know everyone before we go over plans for your division."

"Becky you'll know these two better having been in NXT with them," Shane said.
"I do." Becky said. "Welcome to Smackdown Live?"
"What are you the welcoming committee?" Alexa asked sitting down.
"We all are." Nattie said. "Since you two are new to the main roster we want to welcome you and offer any support or help we can."
"Thanks." Carmella said. "Can you tell us about the live schedules, we've never done them like you have here."
"Well over the next few months were are really going to be putting the petal to the metal." Shane said handing them some papers. "We will be doing lives shows Friday, Saturday and Sunday night with the stars from Raw. It's going to be joint show but you will be facing each other."
"No show on Monday?" Alexa asked.
"No, you are welcome to go to Raw and watch the filming, be a support back stage to your friends and then travel to where we are filming Smackdown Live." Shane said.
"Do we need to go to Raw or can we just go to where Smackdown Live is filming?" Alexa asked.
"Unless told other wise you can travel to the next town." Shane said.
"Good." She said. "I see we're doing group matches."
"With only six girls we want you all to have a chance to shine and this will allow you all to." Shane said.
"But I am not a tag partner." Alexa said.
"We are all singles competitor, but there is only a limited amount of time at events so this allows us all still to shine and until we have a Women's Champion it keeps us all on a good playing field." Becky said.
"She is right." Shane said. "So you will team with Nattie and Eva for the live for the next few weeks while we iron out details, if they change I will let Becky know and she will relay them to you."
"Why her?" Alexa asked.
"Right now Becky is the locker room leader. Yes, Nattie, Eva and Naomi have been here longer but management works well with Becky and she's great with coming up with solutions on the fly." Shane said.
"It's cool we with." Naomi said. "I have Becky's back and I know she has mine."
"Me too." Nattie said. "We are only six women, we have to work together or we aren't going to go anywhere."
"I get it." Carmella said. "I'm looking forward to seeing how and where things go?"
"When you do work out a Championship for the women are Carmella and I going to be in the running for it or will it be just them?"
"All." Shane said. "I am all about opportunity."
"Good." She said.
"It is going to be a while until we have a Championship." Shane said. "So in the mean time keep working hard and showing the audience how amazing you are."
"Are we on tomorrow's show?" Alexa asked.
"You will be seen gathered around the ring as we kick off the new Smackdown Live." Shane said. "And Becky will have a match against Nattie and we have a segment where all the ladies get to introduce themselves after the match."
"So I am no wrestling?" Alexa asked.
"I can put you in a dark match if you like." Shane said.
"That doesn't air." Alexa said.
"It doesn't." Shane said. "But you still need to get your name out there and show people who you are and why they might want to see you."
"Fine." Alexa said. "Who am I taking on?"
"Let's do you and Carmella." Shane said. "Give you both a chance to preform in front of a sold out crowd."
"Sounds fun." Carmella said.
"Well I think that is for all for now." Shane said. "I will see you all here tomorrow."
Shane left and Becky looked at her phone.
"Missing him already?" Naomi asked.
"Yes." Becky said smiling. "He'll be here late tonight."
"At least lives will be on the same schedule for awhile." Nattie said.
"Yes, that helps." Becky said.
"You ladies up to lunch?" Naomi asked.
"Yes." Becky said. "I came over after my workout and I am starving."
"You two wanna join us?" Naomi asked.
"No." Alexa said before getting up and leaving.
"I too have to run, see you tomorrow." Eva said before leaving.
"You'll have to forgive Alexa, she feels like she should be the lead person, doesn't understand why she was drafted so late." Carmella said. "Hell I was drafted last and I am honestly so glad to be here."
"She'll either sink or swim." Nattie said. "Let's go eat ladies."