ii. bouncing ferret

***

***

THE DRAFT THAT USUALLY RESIDED WITHIN THE COLD SLYTHERIN DUNGEON WAS FURTHER EMPHASISED by the open windows, introducing the primary stages of Autumnal weather. The breeze, a strong current laced with slight warmth, billowed through the open windows in the dormitories, where the Slytherin students found themselves getting prepared for breakfast in a bid to arrive to their 9am classes for the first day of term.

     Cassia Greengrass found herself brushing her auburn hair perched upon her bed - of which was covered in cotton ivy green bedclothes, finished off by a silver bed-throw and supported by a large wooden four-poster frame, from which a deep green colour of curtain hung from it. The dorm itself was occupied by its five residents - Cassia herself, her two female best friends Eva Abercrombie Maryam , then their remaining two roommates Sadie and Ebony. Although it was situated in the dark, lowly dungeons, the dorm was filled with a nice shamrock tint reflecting through the morning daylight in the green stained-glass windows, illuminating the murky effect of the dark furniture. Occupying the room were the five four-poster beds all adorning the same duvets (though Eva brought her own pillows from home for added comfort) and there was a large shared bookcase in one corner of the room, filled by both study and leisure materials. At the foot of each bed laid the trunks of the girls', most of them ajar from sorting out their belongings for the first day of school.

     Cassia had been the last one still in the dorm - the four other roommates had left for breakfast earlier in a bid to satisfy their ever-increasing hunger, whereas Cassia told them she would join them later, after sleeping in for an extra 15 minutes. Because, why not? They had nearly two hours to eat their breakfast - it's not like it took Cassia an hour to eat a slice of toast. With a wide stretch of the arms from which her black robes expanded beneath, Cassia let out a sleepy groan before she extended her legs to aid her in removing herself from her bed. Adjusting the green-and-silver tie visible from beneath her black robes and slipping her feet into her polished black footwear, she began her trek towards the Great Hall, closing the oak door of her dorm behind her with care.

She entered the large doors of the Great Hall which were propped open to ensure people could enter. Her eyes travelled down each of the four tables, with plates of crumpets, toast, eggs of all forms, cereal, and whatever you could imagine scattered down the length of them, with jugs of tea, coffee, pumpkin juice and water complimenting them as the wax candles floated above the heads of the students fuelling themselves for the day amidst casual chatter with their neighbours. Cassia's eyes secured the Slytherin table - the one on the very far left, and she visibly made out Theo bent over a bowl of cereal and deep into eating it, while Blaise beside him had a mug of presumably coffee held up to his lips as he scanned over the tinted pages of the Daily Prophet.

"Morning." Says Cassia as she takes her seat opposite Blaise and Theo and began buttering a slice of toast.

"Morning," Blaise greeted, his eyes not wavering from the newspaper within his clutches.