xxviii. astoria in rewind

( MAKE SURE TO STAY AND READ THE AUTHOR NOTE AT THE END FOR SOME IMPORTANT INFO!! )

***

***

ASTORIA GREENGRASS HATED BEING WRONG.

And that's because she's always right.

     Like, she knows when her mother works herself too hard, and she knows when Cassia's sleeping problems have taken a toll on her (Cassia definitely needs to see a doctor, and soon) and she definitely knows the times when Daphne's temper gets her into situations her tranquil state can't get her out of.

     (Like how she hasn't spoken to Pansy in ages after their argument. While they may not talk, it does not take away the fact that Astoria knows what Daphne and Pansy feel for each other. Daphne has never specified whether she likes girls or boys—like that matters—so that would never be an issue. It was something else that stood between them. And Astoria knows it better than them, annoyingly.)

     And though she didn't want to admit it before, she knew there was a darker reason for her father's working patterns. And she knows he's a Death Eater.

     But she's certain he's still her father too.

     Astoria Greengrass has been underestimated by so many. She's always right, and she's probably just as smart as Theodore Nott or Hermione Granger and it's not due to the books or her work ethic (while that still excels in her own way), but it's because she's so in-tune with her gut feeling. Nobody has a better gut feeling than Astoria. Which is why she hates being underestimated, being demeaned, being called naive just because she's younger.

(No shade to Daphne or Cassia whatsoever, because they're the best older sisters a girl like Astoria could ever ask for. With them, it hardly felt like Cassia and Daphne were twins and Astoria was the youngest because they just clicked in the best way possible. They hardly ever noticed the age gap. Aside from the fact that despite it all, at the end of the day, Astoria was always going to be the youngest. Just a fact she's gripped with in life.)

     But now, being naive is all Astoria ever loves to be. Because she isn't naive whatsoever, and she knows it, her sisters know it, her parents know it, her boyfriend Blaise and also her friends know it. Those days with her low esteem issues were over, because so long as she trusted her gut and followed her intuition, her life would be done justice.

     Besides, Astoria finds it very self-satisfying when she proves someone wrong.

     Which means that in coming home for the Easter holidays—alone, since her sisters had their O.W.L's to prepare for, Astoria had a mission. It wasn't to find out if or how or when her father became a Death Eater. While she could, she'd never go up to her dad and come out with, hey, father, so, are you a death eater? It's uncharacteristic, and abrupt, and not Astoria.