chapter seven

Two months later...

I'm now two and a half months pregnant and, apart from the puking, I'm loving it. Me and Doug are so loved up and things couldn't really get much better. I'm going for my first scan tomorrow and we are both so excited. At three and a half months, we're going to tell the galaxy defenders and public. It's all very exciting! Our scan is just a routine check up and we will both be there at half eleven. So my first challenge: waking Douglas up. Fun. *note the sarcasm*.

The next day...

I woke up to my phone alarm going off at half past nine and turned it off before getting dressed. I put on my denim style leggings and a plain white t shirt, wearing boots on my feet. I walk over to our bed, breathing gently. Carefully, I shake Dougie's shoulder "Dougie, time to get up babe." "Five minutes!" He moans. "Doug, now." Still no movement. "We have our baby scan today." Dougie shoots up and smiles. He leaps out of bed, gets dressed in skinny jeans and a checked shirt and goes to make breakfast. Seven minutes and thirty two seconds. Record timing. I know this baby is really going to help Dougie grow up. Afer beans on toast, we clean up and wash our teeth. I go with no make up because I know Dougie hates me using it and we leave for the hospital. When we get there, smiling, of course, we check in and sit down. Whilst we wait we discuss baby names. "I think Amba for a girl. Or Alison. Maybe Josh or Daniel for a boy?" I suggest. "I loke Amba, but I think Darius for a boy. Or Deakan." He suggests. "I like Darius. " I reply. So, Amba or Darius. Cool. "Amy O'Kelly" the receptionist says. We stand up and head to see doctor Carrie. I answer all the standard questions and fill in the sheets. Dougie does his parts too. Dr Carrie tells me to lie on a bed/table thing and put my top up. I do as she says, Dougie hot on my heels, eager to see the scan. I fold my top up to my bra line and Dougie holds my hand. Dr Carrie walks over to us and brings out this tube of gel stuff. "Just warning you, it's a little bit cold." She says and I nod. Dougie and I look at eachother as she applys it and I giggle at the cold, making Dougie giggle. After that, the doctor begins rubbing a stick thing over the gel. Me and Dougie look up to see a little bean on the screen. "That's your baby." Says Dr Carrie before blinking heavily. "I'm picking up two heartbeats." She states as she moves the stick around a bit more. "Hopefully you're getting Amy's and the baby's." He says with a nervous giggle. I stare at the screen eagerly and spot another bean. "We wouldn't pick up Amy's heart beat on this. Mr Poynter, if you will look at the screen, you will see another shape." She replies professionally. I inhale. "I am pleased to say, Amy and Dougie, you are expecting twins!" I look at Dougie in shock. "Twins?" I say, thinking that my hearing is wrong. "Twins." Confirms Dr Carrie. "Wow!" Dougie exclaims as I wipe off the gel and smile. We embrace and then Dr Carrie asks "Would you like the photo?" To which we both nod eagerly.

When we got back to the flat, still in shock, we rang my parents to tell them, then Dougie's mum and sister, thrn invited the boys over. Prank time again.