chapter eight

All but me are sat in the dining room at the table. I can hear the McPeeps asking where I am. I begin to sob (acting of course) and walk out as if I have had some terrible news. Dougie and I have this all planned. Doug is sat next to an empty seat where I will sit with a completely blank but upset face. The peeps are asking what's up and keep getting worried. I sit next to Dougie, tears streaming down my face as the others all sit forward in an aim to console me. I bat away Danny's arm when he tries to touch my arm sympathetically. Dougie pulls me into him and I cry into his shirt. Doug begins "Um, yeh, we have something to tell you." "You're breaking up aren't you? Hang on..." Gi begins. I take over. "We um, we are no longer expecting a baby." I say and burst into hysterics. Everyone starts telling us that they are sorry. Then we stop them. "We're having twins!" At which point we burst out laughing. The others don't find it so funny. "Seriously? That's just not on. Not funny. Nah ah! Just no. How did you do that?" They chorus, shocked. "We did both do performing arts A levels." I said. "That was oscar winning!" Says Tom, laughing. Suddenly we all see the funny side and me and Dougie hi five each other. Mission complete!