chapter twenty one

My eyes flicker open and slowly become accustomed to the lights. I lift my head from Dougie's shoulder and look around to realise that I am on a plane. Where to? No idea. I nestle my head into the crook of his neck as I reminisce over yesterday.  Dougie's head moves so I look upwards to find our eyes locking together. We smile. " Notice to all passengers: please put on your seat belts as we will be landing in approximately three minutes." We both shuffle to put our belts on and then hold hands. His head leans into mine and he locks our lips together. It's only quick but it's enough to block out what the pilot is saying. " We have landed in....." Missed it!

Everyone else scrambles off of the plane whilst we hold back. As we finally clamber down the steps, both still a bit drowsy from sleeping, we giggle like school children. "Where even are we Doug?" " France mon cher, France.  Paris on fait." He replies in French.  " No way! No freaking way!!" I gasp, skipping. " Yes way, Mrs Poynter." I grin widely and just kiss my amazing husband. " I love you so so much!" We take a cab into the heart of Paris where we find ourselves on a massive hotel with a golden and white façade. The porter collects our bags and leads us to our room. The white door opens with a card and we step into the most beautiful room ever. There is a four poster bed with amazing gold and cream sheets and silver posts. " C'est le suite de honeymoon." Says the porter. "C'est tres beau, merci!" Dougie replies I perfect French. The porter leaves our bags in the middle of the room and leaves. "I didn't know you could speak French!" "I can't,  I just google translated some things that I thought we might need whilst we are away." He replies.  Gently,  I take his hand as he leads me around our suite. There is a bathroom containing a stand alone bath, a regular toilet and a basin. There are two white dressing gowns hung on the back of the door and some slippers tucked behind the door. We make our way back to the main room. I lie on the bed to check it out. It's very soft. " The bed's nice, babe. Come and lie with me." He comes over to the bed and lies next to me, our sides touching and hands together. We look at eachother and we stare deep into each other's eyes. Dougie leans into me and kisses me, moving his hand behind my head and strokes my hair. He moves over to hold himself above me whilst we continue kissing. I kick off my ballet pump shoes and peel off his shirt. He helps me to get his arms out of the shirt before he takes mine off of my body. His torso presses against mine as he unclasps my bra and peels it away. My hands move down to his belt and I undo the buckle before pulling it from it's loops. I undo the button on the waistband and pull down his fly. He peels aways the trousers and pulls off my skirt, leaving me in my lacy thong. We each peel away our own pants and Dougie rolls on a condom. He straddles me on top of the covers....

We lie under the covers breathing heavily, smiling at eachother. I feel my eyelids becoming heavy as I drift into sleep.