chapter twenty three

Dougie holds my hand as he leads the way to a crowded roundabout.  But this is no ordinary roundabout, on this roundabout stands the thing I've always wanted to visit. L'arc de triomphe."Dougie, it's beautiful! Isn't it just amazing!" I gasp "Are you ready for a climb: there's about 860 steps to the top." "It'll be worth it." I reply, clinging to Dougie's arm as we cross the busy road to the arc.  Dougie pays for the tickets and the man at the desk points us in the right direction. We begin our ascent up the many stairs... I pant as we climb up the cold stone spiral stairs. Finally, we see light and enter the entrance room where there is a machine to buy commemorative coins and a few articles about the arc. Carefully, we take in information as we walk to the final four steps to the most amazing view. I run to the rails facing the Eiffel tower and step onto the foot high step. Dougie comes to join me, stepping onto the step and wrapping his arm around my waist. " It's beautiful,  Dougie,  just beautiful. I can't believe we're actually on the arc de triomphe!" I sigh, looking into his eyes. "It's amazing how it towers over everything.  Hey, they have a step thing there so you can take those photos holding the tower. Fancy having a picture?" "Ooo. Go on then." I nudge him and we hurry over to the step. "Am I in the right place. Now? What about now?" Dougie shuffles around trying to get in the right spot. "Woah. Woah. That's it!" I say. Dougie flashes a cheesy grin as I snap the photo. We swap places and I shuffle just a Doug did. I pull a straining face as if I'm struggling to hold up the tower. I hear the camera click and I fall off the step laughing. "Pulling that face," Dougie begins between laughs, "you looked like Amba when she is leaving us a little present." We fall about laughing and lean on the rails. " Do you know what that is there?" I ask Dougie,pointing in the direction to the left of the Eiffel tower.  "No, no I don't. Do you?" He shrugs, subtly shaking his head. " Funnily enough, I do. It's the champs elleesaye (sorry if I spelt it wrong, I tried...)." I state matter of factly. "Ooooh. I did not know that." Dougie replies in an over emphasised manor. I elbow him lightly and we giggle again. We wander around the floor space, taking in the view. "Wow..." I gasp almost continuously each time the angle of my view changes. The breathtaking scenery becomes smaller as Dougie leads me back down the arc and another set of spiral stairs. Finally we exit the darkened stair well and breath the fresh fume filled air. I take a deep breath and we walk carefully across the road whilst the cars are stopped for the lights. We hurry across as the cars rev up over and over. My fingers lace with Dougie's and we wander hand in hand along the streets of Paris, steps bouncing. We wander across a car filled bridge over the river Seine and the Eiffel tower comes into clear view. "Oh my gosh. It's massive!" I gasp as I huddle into Dougie. We smile and Dougie feels the need to be a bit immature. "That's what you said last night." He chuckles. "Dougie!" I gasp, playfully slapping his chest.

Holding hands, we wander across the beautiful green grass leading up to the tower. I pick up my nikon camera from arpund my neck and snap plenty of pictures as we edge closer. Every so pften a man will wander by, jangling key rings to sell. " Thats getting irritating now." Dougie snickers. " I think it's nice..." I reply, clinging to Dougie's arm. Eventually, we get to be underneath the Eiffel tower. ..

A/n please read xx
There will be at least one prequel to LIE explaining how they met. I am planning two, but these won't be up until I've finished LIE. There are only a few mpre chapters. I decided when I began this book to have around 30 chapters and I recently decided to do one or two prequels. If you're lucky, I may put a sequel (depending how I feel and how I choose to end LIE, ot might just be a monologue.) There are some shockers planned for the prequels soo.... Also, the first prequel is basically going to be Amy's view leading up to when they meet so there won't be too much Doug in that, but,  the other one will be what's happened until LIE begins.
Lots of lovey things xx
HH