chapter seventeen

May 12th

It's just three days to go until the wedding and me and Dougie are so nervous. " I can't believe how much the twins have grown!" Says mum, picking Amba up from her bouncer. " I know! It's only been five months! Oh, mum, I can't believe I'm getting married in three days!" I say, while we sit down at the coffee table. "How do you think I feel?" She says, laughing. "I hope dad's not scaring Dougie!" I laugh. "Probably." We laugh again. Suddenly, my dad walks in and grabs my shoulders. I turn around and jump up to embrace him. "Hey dad." I say into his ear. "Hello darling. How are you feeling?" He asks looking down at me. "Nervous but very excited!" "Good." Dougie walks in holding a tray full of tea. " Hey babe." He says, kissing my cheek. "Hey Doug. You ok?" I ask. "Yes, I'm fine, there's someone at the door for you." I look at him and frown. I go to the dpor anyway to find my five best friends stood in front of me. "Oh. My. God! No. Way!" I screamcat the sight of my peeps from Australia. "Hey!" They all say at once. "Dougie!!!!" I call. He runs to the door, panting. "Yeah. Oh yeah, I organised a little surprise for you." "Little? Omg! I love you SO much!" I say, kissing him. I invite by besties onto the house. Turns out, Dougie organised for the girls to be my bridesmaids and Tom is here!

We sit in the dining room, each with a mug of tea. "So, are you excited, Ames?" Asks Harriet. "Obviously! Pun not intended. Isn't it strange that a couple of years ago, I was just another galaxy defender, and now me and Dougie have twins and we're getting married in three days!". "Ohmigosh! Yeah! Can we meet the the twins." Says Ellie. "It's about time they met their aunties Rosie Ellie and Harriet!" Says Rosie. "And uncle Tom!" My friend pipes up. We walk up the stairs to where the twins are playing with Dougie since my parents have gone to bed. "Hey babe. The girls and Tom want to meet the twins." And the girls walk in behind me, instantly squealing at the babies. "This is Darius Niall Poynter and this is Amba Samantha Poynter. Dougie, you obviously know the girls." Rosie runs over to Amba and picks her up, cooing as she lets Amba hold her little finger. "Aw! She's so cute!" She squeals. I let Ellie hold Darius. Ten minutes later... "Rosie, please let someone else hold the baby." I ask for the sixth time as she reluctantly hands Amba to Harriet who just sits and bounces her about a little and Tom takes Darius. She always has been calmer. The twins cry for milk so I feed them as we all sit in the nursery discussing the wedding. "Where are you going for your honeymoon?" They ask. "I don't know because a certain someone won't say." I laugh.

The next day...

The wedding is tomorrow and I'm going to a hotel for the night with Tom Ellie Rosie Harriet, my parents and the kids. I call Dougie to check he's okay. "Hey babe." He mutters into the phone. "You ok?" "Yeah, fine, nerves, I need you babe, I can't wait to see you tomorrow. You'll look stunning baby." We whispers, not wanting the lads to mock him. "I miss you Doug, i miss you, but tomorrow, when we see eachother, it'll be to become Mr and Mrs Poynter! I'll be worth it. Promise." "I know it will. I love you Ames." He says. "Love you too babe, love you too. Now get some sleep, the last thing you need is to be tired on our first married night." He chuckles down the phone. "You're right." "I know I'm right." I giggle and we hang up so we can sleep.