chapter nine

Three and a half months later...

It's time for my next scan at six months. More excited than before because we will actually be able to go without hiding from paps and see the babies almost totally formed. My bump is huge! I am currently looking for something decent to wear. The only thing I hate about pregnancy is the clothes. Yuck! Anyway, I pull on a regular pink jumper, joggers and ugg boots. My feet hurt so much!

In the car, Dougie couldn't stop fidgeting. "Dougie. Eyes on the road." I warn him. "I know. I'm just excited." He says. I'm also very excited. But Dougie is probably even more excited than me, and that says alot.

We walk into the waiting room and do the usual. My name is called by Dr Carrie and we walk through. I lie on the table and follow my usual routine. She puts the gel on and uses the stick. This time we see two well developed babies. "I can't believe that in a few months they will be with us.!" I say as I turn to face Dougie. "I know!" He replies. "Would you like to know the genders?" Asks the Dr. "No thank you. We'd like a surprise on the day." I reply as Dougie and I had already agreed on this. We leave with the pictures and set off in the car for a very exciting trip home.

When we got home we sat on the sofa looking at the progress made throughout my pregnancy looking at my scans. We would giggle and kiss. We designed the babies' nursery to be green and pink so that it was neutral and the cots were basic white ones. As we don't know what gender the babies are, we have some clothes for both.

Baby shower

A week has gone by and it's my baby shower today. All the girls and boys are coming over along with Dougie's mum and sister and my parents. My mum and dad are staying until I have the twins so that they don't miss it. They are staying in a house just up the road from us. We are all sat in mine and Dougie's living area with music (all my favourites) playing in the background. Our first gift is from Tom and Giovanna. We both open thd paper like kids on Christmas Day to find the most amazing twin pram. It is bright green, our favourite. Next is from Sam and Jazzie. We open the box to find a small rattle. "It was Dougie's" says Sam. I shake it and hand it to Doug who just looks at it. Also in the box is the most beautiful teddy I have ever seen. It is a bluey purple colour with a violet bow. "It's beautiful! " I say, staring in awe at it. "Thanks mum." Says Dougie as he hugs Sam and Jazzie. Thirdly, Danny and Georgia hand their gift over. It's quite small, so I think we're both wondering. I open it and find some keys. Dougie and I look at them and they say "Look outside!". We look through the window to see a family carrier car. I turn, my mouth wide open, to say "Omigosh! Thank you so so so much!!" I exclaim and Dougie goes to give Danny a man hug "Cheers buddy." He says. "That's okay. You deserve it bro." While I give Georgia a hug. After we finish thanking them, we move on to my parents who are fresh from Australia. My dad hands us a big box wrapped in green paper (they know me well). Dougie smiles and tears the paper off carefully to reveal a box containing all my old baby stuff. "Thank you so much! " I say with a massive smile on my face as I hold up my first ever baby grow. Dougie smiles at me and pecks my lips, I see my parents smiling which makes me so happy. Then, finally, Harry and Izzy hand over a soft package containing two baby grows which say "McBaby" on them. We all laugh and Dougie and I thank Harry and Izzy.

After a bit of a bit of a party, everyone left, leaving me and Dougie to tidy up what there was (a few cups and plates).