capter thirteen

Later that night, Amba is crying and Dougie rushes to her. "What does she want? Is everything okay? What shall I do?" He starts fretting to me. It's almost funny. " She's just hungry!" I say, calming him down. "What do we feed her?" He asks, getting worked up again. "Milk, Dougie, milk. " I say calmly but sighing. "I'll go get some then." He says handing her to me. "I already have it you narna. It's breast milk!" "Aaaah." We laugh and then I begin to feed her. I sit in the rocking chair that we set up in the corner of the room as she suckles. When she finishes I rock the chair and she slowly falls asleep. Dougie snaps a photo on his phone and then we put her into the crib. We go back downstairs and just curl up on the sofa. I look up to Dougie and, feeling my movement, he looks at me. " I can't believe that we are parents now and we're engaged all in the space of a year!" He says, looking deep into my eyes. " I know! To think that this time next year, we'll be married and maybe even have more kids. " I say. "Ah... we'll have to see about having more kids. Maybe a bit longer, hey." He says softly. "Yeah, maybe. But we could start planning for the wedding in a couple of months when the twins a bit older." I suggest. "Sounds good. How about um... just after your birthday. May?" He says excitedly. "Really? Five months? You sure?" I say hurriedly. " Yeah. The twins will be a good age, you'll be older, I'll be older and we still have time to plan. We could go around some venues in a couple of weeks!" "Ok" and with that, I rest my head on his lap as I slowly fall asleep. At about eleven o'clock that night, Darius starts crying so Dougie goes to change his nappy, letting me sleep after a tiring day. I lie in our bed and remember the day's events. I recall the first time I saw my babies, Niall's face when we revealed that he is a god father to our baby boy. That lovely delight and surprise written all over his face and a massive smile plastered from ear to ear. Most importantly, how Dougie was so supportive during the births and his face when he held our children. This has been one of the best days of my life. I feel Dougie climb back into bed and he moves towards me. He wraps his arm around me as I whisper to him "I love you Douglas." He whispers back "I love you to. I'm so so so proud of you. I cant believe we did it together at home with loved ones surrounding us. It couldn't have been better." I feel my breathing slow down as we fall asleep.