chapter nineteen

I meet Dougie at the alter and peck his cheek. "Thank you. " I whisper in to his ear.  " We are gathered here today to witness the joining of Amy  O'Kelly and Douglas Poynter. Do you, Douglas, take thee, Amy, to be your lawful wedded wife?" "I do." He smiles at me, his eyes twinkling.  "And do you, Amy,  take thee, Douglas,  to be your lawful wedded husband? " "I do." Dougie breaths a comical sign of relief, reducing everyone to laughter. " Please repeat after me: I give you this ring." I give you this ring." "As a symbol of our love, wear it always and remember it's meaning." He slides the ring onto my finger and smiles up to me. I begin "I give you this ring as a symbol of our love." I feel a tear threaten to fall so I wipe it away. I smile "wear it always as a reminder of our love." I wipe away another tear and the guests aw. "I and glad to pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." Dougie cups my cheek as we lean in and share the most passionate kiss. We hear the guests clap as we pull away and smile. "I present to you Mr and Mrs Poynter. " I link my arm to Dougie's and we walk down the aisle, I smile at my friends and family, catching eyes with Tom. We sign all the necessary papers and hit the party. I give the twins a kiss before my friends take them home. "Have a nice honeymoon!" They all say as they leave. "How are you hubby?" I look up to Dougie. "I'm very happy, wifey." We begin to dance and drink a lot of alcohol. Slower music begins to play as we are called up to our first dance. The McFly boys and One Direction boys are dueting on mine and Dougie's special song 'Truly Madly Deeply' by Savage Garden. I rest my head on Dougie's shoulder whilst we sway from side to side with the music. I wrap my arms around his neck and bury my head into the crook of his neck as I hear him humming the song. His hands rest on my waist as he moves my head up and kisses me. I smile and hide my blush as others join us on the dance floor.  As Katy Perry begins to play, I grab my best friend Tom and we begin to dance wildly. "BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK!" We yell as the chorus booms and we swing our arms around wildly.  Ah.... besties. .

We sit at the head table as we await our meals. Dougie stands up and taps his glass gently with a spoon.  Everyone turns to face him as he begins his speech. " Two years ago, I met my beautiful wife at a McFly concert in Australia. I spotted her in the crowd and she was all I saw for the rest of the show. I had her brought backstage where we changed numbers. Turns out she was a fan of the band, but Tom was her favourite." We all laugh. "But I managed to convince her that she preferred me all along." More laughter. "A year later and we got engaged, which is one of the best days of my life. We were greeted by the boys at the restaurant and Amy was in my second favourite dress." I look at him and slap his arm jokingly.  "My favourite is this dress. Anyway,  a few weeks later, we found out that Amy was pregnant,  and a few months later, found out we were expecting twins. Well, I couldn't be more proud of my amazing wife." Applause echoes through the room. "Now over to my best man, Harry who I have banned from making jokes."

"Hi. So, I remember the say that I met Dougie.  He was a shaggy haired bass player with a unique sense of humour. We were both auditioning for McFly and I remember Dougie being all nervous. I also remember when Dougie met Amy.  We were performing at a gig in Australia and I noticed Dougie fixing his eyes on a single girl in that crowd. That girl was Amy. I remember when we went backstage and Dougie said 'dude,  did you see that girl in third row. She is amazing!' Imagine his delight when she was invited backstage with a competition.  She is a galaxy defender. He is a band member. Her friends are all galaxy defenders. Let's just say that Amy and her friends weren't exactly calm upon Amy getting Dougie's number. And that was 2 years ago! A year later and Amy found out that she was pregnant with Amba ans Darius, the two of them taking the chance to play a prank. And now they are married!  I honestly can't believe how much Doug has matured these last few years.  Thank you Amy. Congratulations Dougie!  I'd like to raise a toast to the newly weds."