chapter twenty four

Arms firmly linked, we decide together to take the lift to the first floor and walk to the top. The lift reaches the ground level and, pressing the button, we whizz upwards and reach the first level. Stepping warily over the border of the lift, I breathe a deep breath and treasure it. I sigh out the fresh air as me and Dougie walk across to the edge and look over the edge. Bad idea. I freak out and jump away slightly. Doug looks around worried. "Heights. You know what I'm like." I reassure him. He give a little laugh as I nudge him playfully. After a bit of a wander around the level we are on, we begin the climb to the top.
Many stairs later...

Panting, we reach the top of the tower.  Both of us breath heavily, we turn to face each other smiling . Grabbing my hand, Dougie begins to advance towards the wall thing. He cups my face and leans forward and brushes his lips on mine. Moving his hand around to the back of my neck under the skull, he locks his luscious lips onto mine. I move my hands up into his hair and hold his head. Lips synchronized, Dougie licks my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I deny. Groaning,  he perseveres and kisses me harder. He tries again and this time I let him in. Our tongues fight for dominance as we move in sync. His wins. Eventually, we pull away,  breathless,  and smile. I lay my head on Dougie's chest and let my left hand rest next to my face onto the other side of his chest. I stay there smiling for a while and feel Dougie's chin rest on my head as we watch the view.

A while later......

Clang. Clang. Clang.... the stairs make a metallic noise as we descend to the floor below. Ding. As the lift arrives. Ding. The lift reaches the ground. Chatter. Voices surroud us. B-boom. B-boom. My heart beats faster as Dougie's hand clings to mine. We are currently hurrying through the crowd back to the hotel....