00:03 || memories

Edited

I don't know your favorite song because if I did, I would listen to it until the earth stopped spinning. I don't know your favorite color because if I did, it would be the color of my walls and clothes. I don't know your favorite movie because if I did, I would have every line already memorized. I don't know if I was your favorite because if I was, I would be next to you instead of a thousand miles away.

-♛𝕠𝕒𝕜𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖♛

-♛𝕠𝕒𝕜𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖♛

I stood there awkwardly until the older lady comes over to me offering me a hug. She was wearing a pretty light green dress that made her olive skin look amazing. Her gray eyes matched her sons. I hugged her softly as she pulls away. "Hi, you must be Mr.Cove's daughter, right? I'm Ms. Ronan, but just call me Diana. I'm Reed's mother." She says cheerfully. I nod with a tight smile. "Ah, it's so good to meet you!" She grabs my hand pulling me to the two boys. They were both tall but not like Roland and Reed. One was slightly shorter than the other. "These are two of my boys, Rayder and Ramsey." She smiles pinching the shorter one's cheek. She points to the taller one. "Rayder is in your grade, so you'll probably see him around the school." She says as I look at him. He had a frown planted on his face. "Let me go get some tea." She claps her hands practically running away her husband following her not spearing me a glance. She talked a lot. I looked back up at the two boys who were already looking at me.

"You'll love the school." Ramsey the smaller one says. I smile at him gently.

"Like you know, you're a freshman. You haven't even gone yet." Rayder snaps harshly making Ramsey flick him off. I giggle quietly.

"Um, do you know how long this business stuff will take?" I ask them. Rayders face looked nervous like he was debating telling me something. Ramsey just smiled.

"They don't tell me stuff so I wouldn't know," Ramsey said his chubby cheeks poking through. His eyes were light gray like Roland but Rayders were dark like Reed. I turn my head to Rayder seeing if he knows.

"Wouldn't know, your brothers just grabbing stuff shouldn't belong." He says bluntly. I turn my head to the door as it opened. My brother walks in with Roland and Reed. He had a duffle bag in his right hand. My brother's face was dead and he looked tired.

"Ah, I see you meet the younger Ronan's." Reed joked causing Ryder to snap a fuck you. I walk over to my brother.

"Ready to go, I'm tired." I smile softly but my brother shakes his head softly.

"It's bad outside," He says pulling the curtains back so I could see outside. It was pouring down rain and a lightning bolt cracked. I flinched slightly at the loud noise. "They are letting us stay the night, we will be out in the morning." He says scratching the back of his neck. I sighed softly. "Um, Reed can show her to a guest bedroom?" He asks. Reed nods with a smirk pulling me by my waist out of the room. I wave bye to everyone quickly.

"Your brothers are nice," I say as we walk up a big staircase and down a hallway. He smiles slightly.

"You could say." He mumbles stopping in front of a door. "This is your room for tonight. Mines right next to it and Rolands is on the other side of this floor. Your brother is on the next floor with everyone else." He explains. "I can get you some more comfortable clothes to sleep in." He says eyeing my outfit. I nod mumbling a quick thank you as he walks to his room. I sighed walking into my "room", I just wanted to be asleep in my new dorm not in some stranger's house. There was a soft knock as the door opened. Reed appeared with a white dress shirt and some sweats. "Here you are," He says as he hands them to me. "Goodnight, amour." He said softly as he shuts the door on the way out.

I was tired but I couldn't sleep. I was laying in a bed that felt like clouds. I had changed out of my tight clothes and into his shirt, it smelled like him. I figured, it had a clone and aftershave smell. His pants just keep sliding off so I just didn't bother the shirt ran to my thigh as I'm only 5"4.

I sat up and gently got out of bed. I walk to my door opening it quietly. I didn't want to be rude but I was thirsty and needed water. I walk down the stairs trying not to fall as all the lights were out. I walked into a random room turning on the lights. It was a kitchen, thank god I whispered. I looked through a couple of cabinets trying to find a cup when I heard noises come from behind me causing me to squeal softly.

"Oakley..." I heard as I turned around to face Roland. I took in his appearance noticing he was shirtless and in just sweats that hung low on his body. His chest had tattoos running along it. He was also very defined, he probably worked out a lot. I placed my hand on my heart trying to compose myself. I noticed a small metal thing in the waistline of his pants. A gun. My lips parted in shock. "Shit." He mumbles seeing what I was looking at. "You scared me, I thought you were someone breaking in." He explained.

"Sorry, I was thirsty," I whisper carefully. He walks over to me pulling out the gun placing it on the table.

"My dad makes us have one, crazy people break into rich neighborhoods all the time. He just wanted us to be safe." He says awkwardly trying to explain it. I felt like that wasn't the reason he had it but I nodded slowly. "Here." He says opening a cabinet handing me a cup. I realized how close we were causing heat to run to my cheeks.

"Thank you," I say taking it from him not looking at him. I filled it up with water. "Why are you up..?" I ask unsure.

"Bad dream." He says looking away from me. I look down. I had those a lot so I understood. He looks down at my right thigh, I followed his gaze to my scars that ran down my whole thigh. "Did someone do that to you.." He asks anger in his voice as his finger traced over it causing me to shiver under his touch.

"Yes," I whisper as the memories from two years ago flood into my head. "I had gone to a party with my friends and I had gotten drunk. Some guy who didn't look like he was supposed to be there ask me to go upstairs with him. I was confused but followed. He forced me to do stuff with him that I hardly remember. When I tried to stop him he cut me with his knife." I sighed closing my eyes tightly. "I passed out eventually from the lack of blood and alcohol. I woke up alone and sore everywhere the next day." I whispered noticing his jaw tightened and his face went hard. He pulled me in tightly his scent overpowered my nose as I felt his arms around my waist. My arms laid to my sides until I realized what he was doing, I hugged back softly.

"I'm so sorry angel." He mumbles as he pulled away from the hug he cupped my cheek in his hand. "What happened to the guy?" He asked, I tensed just thinking about it.

"I told my dad who got someone to look into it but no one was ever found," I said shaking my head softly. I felt his hand slams down on the table.

"He's still breathing," He cursed words in French. "I promise you, angel." He whispered rubbing my back gently. "No one will hurt you anymore. You have my word, ok?" He said as I nodded. I had only just met him but I believed that he would protect me. "Now don't think about it anymore ok. Bonne nuit" I heard him say as I started walking back to my room. I closed the door behind me placing the cup down on the nightstand as I climbed into bed. His words repeating in my head. Could he protect me? Even from myself?

-♛

hope you enjoy part 3!!
comment please,
thank you to everyone
who is reading my book.
I appreciate all of you!
I hope you all are healthy,
same to your families!
-s