00:27 || danger

The thing about pain is it won't last forever. And it kills you right now, but with time it gets better. The thing about scars, is they all start to fade. Until nothing is left, of the cuts that were made. The thing about today is there's always tomorrow. And if you can't find your smile, I have one you can borrow. The thing about help is beside you it stands. But it won't know it's needed unless you reach out your hand. The thing about love is you can't feel it's touch. Until you let someone know, that this world is too much.

 Until you let someone know, that this world is too much

-♛𝕠𝕒𝕜𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖♛

I sat there alone in mine and Roland's office, distracting myself with all this work instead of facing reality. It had been three days since Roland woke up and he's recovering perfectly. He will still be on bed rest for two more days, unfortunately even after that, he won't be able to do much.

I hadn't gone to see him since he woke, I just couldn't. I knew I was overthinking and he wasn't the type to keep a girl a secret from me. But I was scared, scared that the one person by my side since coming to New York was a lier.

Pushing the papers that I held in my heads back down on the desk, I let out a small sigh realizing it's getting late.

Hearing the door slam open causing my head to snap to the sound. Ramsey stood there with a large frown. He had on a white button-up shirt and dress pants. I went silent waiting for him to speak.

"Oakley." He says quietly his frown turning into a small smile making me look back down at the papers I had just put down.

"Ramsey?" I question.

"He is asking for you again." I felt my heartthrob for a split second before I controlled my emotions. Turning my head back to him, who was sending me a pleading look.

"I'm working," I whisper making him cross his arms over his chest.

"You were working yesterday! And the day before that! And the day before that!" He groans loudly. "Trust me, he isn't cheating or talking to anyone else. He wants you, only you." I wanted to believe his words so badly.

"Then who is Olivia?"

"It's a sensitive subject to him. He wouldn't want me telling you, go talk to him." He says softly making me sigh.

"I'm busy." I huff out. "I've gotten a lead on the South that I can't let slip." Looking down at the photo of Ryan. I remember his curly brown hair from the day of the race, the dinner, and the time I was with them.

"What is it?" I frown softly at his question. They have loads of supplies coming through the south docks in a week and that made me nervous. They're getting bigger, they need to be shut down soon.

"Nothing you need to worry about." I lie with a fake smile making him roll his eyes. He starts walking back to the door causing me to turn back to my work.