00:16 || alive

Edited

           And her mind wanders. She tends to think about something that happened 5 years ago, or something that happened 2 hours ago, or something that could happen 10 years from now. Her mind is like a hurricane, it's a wreck. It's full of beautiful yet awful thoughts. It's 1 am and her mind continues to wander.

 It's 1 am and her mind continues to wander

-♛𝕠𝕒𝕜𝕝𝕖𝕪 𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖♛

Soft beeps were going off, that's all I could hear. I could see the brightness of the ceilings lights. I felt a sharp pain as I tried sitting up. I also felt a weight on my thigh. I look around to see that I'm in a hospital room. In my lap was Roland, well I think. I couldn't see his face but I recognize his broad shoulders and brown hair.

I touched his hair gently causing him to stir and lookup. His face lights up as he reaches to touch my cheek. "Your awake." He whispers. He gets up walking out of the room, he returns with a doctor.

"Ms. Cove, how are you?" The doctor asks as he sends scared looks to Roland.

"I'm fine, what happened?" I whisper my voice cracking. The doctor looks at Roland to explain.

"You got shot. Do you remember that?" He asks, I nod slowly. "Ok, after that we brought you to the hospital and they did the surgery. They got the bullet out easily and no permanent damage. You'll just be in some pain or discomfort for a little." He explains. I take a deep breath looking at the hospital gown I'm wearing. "You have been asleep for 3 days Oakley."

"When can I go home," I mumble softly.

"We just have to complete some test and you can go home but you need to be on bed rest for a little so your stitches don't rip." The doctor says disappearing for a second. He comes back with some supplies and starts the tests.

They do some tests to see if I'm stable and they let us go. I change into some sweats that Roland had for me. We stood awkwardly in the parking lot, I just didn't know what to say.

My brother showed up to pick us up. He had a look of guilt on his face much like Roland. He hugged me tightly and apologized over and over again. I don't know what for but he did.

Meaning the car ride home was silent and awkward. Roland walk me to my dorm as Milo had someone business he needs to do.

Milo was hesitant but I told him I was fine and he should go.

Hannah wasn't there for some reason so the dorm was empty. Roland shut the door following me into my room.

"I'm ok really," I tell him rubbing the side of my arm. He grabs my body as gently as he can pulling me into him.

"You took a bullet for me." He whispers as he pulls away our faces inches apart. I blushed at how close we are. His eyes trailed down to my lips quickly. "And I thought you died." He says sadly. "I thought I lost you." He whispers his voice cracking softly. I look up at him as he smashes his lips into mine.