00:11 || change

Edited

          One day you will ask me which is more important? My heart or yours? I will say mine and you will ask what about your life? Mine or yours? I will say mine again. As you walk away, it's a shame that you didn't know you have my heart and you are my life.

 As you walk away, it's a shame that you didn't know you have my heart and you are my life

-♔𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕟♔

I heard the front door slam open but I paid no attention, probably one of my brothers. I had been in my office all day just filling out paperwork, it's been hell. My office door was pushed open. Oakleys came in her blonde curls tied in a loose bun and her school uniform still on. She had stuff in her hand as she places them on my desk, taking a seat. "Elijah gave these to me." She mumbles softly. I grab one seeing that they are invites to the Scarlet dinners. I sigh, I hated these dinners. My father dragged me to them even when I wasn't the leader.

"Milo or Reed?" I ask her motioning to the other invite, she shrugs.

"I would feel safer with my brother there if you don't mind?" She says hesitantly, I nod gently.

"Sure, Your father coming?" I ask making her face go hard.

"No, he's not." She mumbles.

"Why not Oakley," I ask.

"He doesn't need to be there." She snaps the anger in her voice rising. I nodded not wanting to push her.

"Have you talked to him about everything?" I ask causing her to frown softly.

"No, when the time comes I will." She whispers. I say a quick ok as I get back to work. I just wished that she had talked to him...

I notice Oakley staring off into space causing the room to be quiet. She seemed stressed and I was worried. When I found out about her brother I was scared for her. She was already in danger just being Milo's sister but now she is a leader. Her life is no longer hers.

After about 30 minutes, I finish all my work for today and Oakley is still spacing off. "Angel.." I say causing her to flinch softly.

"Hm?" She asks confused about what's happening.

"I want to show you something," I tell her standing up, reaching to grab her hand pulling her up. She nods following me out of the room. I walk to the basement, I turn on the lights causing the room to light up. I hear Oakley suck in a breath. I took her to our gun room. Guns hanged from every part of the walls with a shooting range in the middle. "You need to learn to protect yourself.." I whisper as she takes in breaths.