00:06 || introduction

Edited

I was taught young how to be stone-cold, self-reliant, to hold myself high and poised. With a ready smile and subtle charm ready to conquer the world. So I learned from early on to only cry behind closed doors, in dim light, without sound, to howl in pain silently, to break down without anyone knowing, and to never ask for help. Because when no one sees you suffering, do you really suffer? Much like, when a tree falls in the forest and no one around can hear it, does it make a sound? I can always just pretend whatever pains me never happened, and I can always go back and face the world pretending I'm ok.

 Because when no one sees you suffering, do you really suffer? Much like, when a tree falls in the forest and no one around can hear it, does it make a sound? I can always just pretend whatever pains me never happened, and I can always go back and...

-♛𝕠𝕒𝕜𝕝𝕖𝕪  𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖♛

          "Easts inner circle," Hannah whispers causing me to stop looking at the group and back to where we were walking. "The platinum blonde, Tobias Ceci the second in command. Then Harry D'Inzeo with the white hair, and then Grayson Bianco the dirty blonde. He's in our grade the rest are seniors." I nod as we stop at our class. "The teacher is chill, kinda." She laughs as we walk in. The class goes silent as we enter. The teacher stands up slowly.

"Ms.Cove." He says with a shaky breath. "Welcome to my class." I nod at him. "Take any seat you want." He says as he sits down trying to calm down. I roll my eyes, I'm not going to kill you. Hannah grabs my wrist pulling me to two open seats in the back.

"Who's in the class, that I need to be careful around. Or at least try." I ask Hannah, whispering the last part. Who knows what I'll do if they annoy me.

"Most of them only show up at the beginning or end of school, but Tobias and Ares." She says as Ares walks in his blue eyes staring at mine with curiosity before turning to Hannah his eyes melt at the sight of her. Oh boy, he still likes her too. He walks to the seat in front of me. Hannah goes blank, I notice the faint blush on her cheeks. I start laughing at her causing people to stare at me.

What can I not laugh now? I sigh shutting up.

As the teacher starts talking about math my mind goes blank as I stare out the window. I hear the door open causing me and everyone else's heads to look at the door. Tobias walks in but he doesn't sit down he sends a glare to the teacher who is breaking out in sweats. "Oakley is needed in the principles office," Tobias says with a smirk. I look at Hannah who looks scared. I groan grabbing my shit and standing up.

I notice how Ares stares at Tobias with a deadly glare as I leave the room with him. I sigh when I see the other two boys from earlier. Harry and Grayson.

"Good, you got the queen." Harry chuckles his green eyes show amusement as I glare at all of them.

"One, don't call me a queen. I'm not a damn queen. And two, what the hell is this about." I snap annoyed.

"I just wanted to meet you." I hear a voice behind me. It wasn't Tobias voice though, I turn around. I'm staring at someone's chest but I quickly look up to see black eyes.