DAY VI:- FAILURE

TIMELINE: During one year time skip after the Alvarez empire war.

Ever since the war ended in favour of Fairy Tail, but the damages caused by it affected the whole of Fiore.

Fairy Tail before fully enjoying the victory which they won had to help the mayor in rebuilding Magnolia to its former glory which took nearly two months.

Every member of the guild happily assisted in the construction job while the severely injured ones were under the care of Wendy and Porlyusica for some time even though they were healed at the war field.

Once the guild was built back, everyone partied around rambunctious which was their hallmark factor.

While team Natsu were busy enjoying the party atmosphere except for Gray, as he sat by the bar with a mug of beer in his hand and fully clothed.

Ever since the war, Gray had been sulking and avoided contact with anyone who tried to make a conversation with him including Juvia.

For a moment after winning the war, they had really enjoyed the joyous occasion but once things calmed down, the events that happened during the war began to dawn upon them.

When compared to Juvia, Gray was burdened by guilt even more. He had failed to protect his only significant person whom he thought would be always by his side.

That day, if he had just acted a bit sooner, Juvia wouldn't have stabbed herself in order to save him. But both of them had simultaneously stabbed themselves so that the other one could be safe.

But how could one be safe and happy without their significant other. There at that moment, Gray realised he had also failed to give her his answer which he had promised her.

When Gray felt himself waking up which he hadn't expected to, he was shocked to see as Juvia used her secret technique to save him at cost of her life.

Gray was petrified and despondent when he held Juvia's lifeless body. He literally begged her to wake up but she remained still in his arms.

Later he pulverised Invel for stealing Juvia's future which also included his future. But once, he saw her alive after the fight with Natsu, that's when he felt relief wash over and thanked the universal force for giving him his second valuable chance.

Without him knowing, he began to tear up just from those haunting flashbacks without realizing his current area.

Gray grasped when he felt someone high him from behind which startled him a bit.
"Gray-sama, Juvia missed you" Her soft arms were around his shoulders.

"Please don't tear up, Gray-sama." Juvia whispered in his ears and that's when he raised his hand to wipe away those unknown tears.

Gray and others were used to Juvia's show of affection and thus, their this particular moment didn't catch anyone's attention for now.

Juvia sat next to Gray and kept looking at him with a smile, "Gray-sama, how are you? Sorry, Juvia couldn't come and see for these two months since the war."

Gray now being composed, "Nah! I'm sorry that I didn't pay you a visit for these many days. As you know….."

Before he could finish up his reasons, they heard Cana's voice from the centre of the hall and on either side were the hyperactive dragon slayers.

"Okay here, let's have a meaningful match instead of your useless brawl. See here, this is magic handcuffs. I will tie both of you together by wrist. This cuffs will only break when one of you have been defeated." Cana said while gulping her booze bottle while the dragon slayers smirked and accepted the challenge which caused uproar in the guild and began to place bets.

Both the water and ice duo were startled and flashbacks of their most haunting moments came in front of their eyes.

Of course, it will take some time to heal those emotional injuries and these reckless plays were making it slower.

Gray stood up angry and dashed out of the guild while others called out which just fell on the deaf ears. Juvia apologised and excused herself to attend to her Gray-sama's needs.

From there, Gray went to his apartment knowing very well that Juvia's following him. He left the door open and sat on th4 couch with his face covered by his sweaty palms.

Juvia entered the room and saw her beloved depressed and on the verge of a breakdown.

"Gray….sama…"

Gray hugged her and cried on her bosoms just the way he did when Juvia revealed she was the reason for his dad's passing away.

"I'm sorry, Juvia. I'm really sorry for everything I did and more importantly for hurting for feelings."

Juvia began to tear and caressed his back and consoled him, "No Gray-sama, what are you apologising for? Gray-sama didn't hurt Juvia. It's because of you Juvia's who she's today. Remember the Juvia of Phantom and see the Juvia of Fairy Tail, that drastic change is because of you."

Gray lifted his head and saw her smiling at him with those tears still flowing down, "But it's because of me, it's because of my inability to protect you that made you go through those awful experiences. I failed you…."

"I'm a failure for not protecting the one who means everything to me." He tried to reason out with her.

"No Gray-sama, Juvia's Gray-sama will never be a failure. Just like you wanted to protect Juvia, even she felt the same. That's why, she happily sacrificed herself as Juvia can never hurt her Gray-sama."

She said while placing her hands on his cheeks and wiping away the tears.

Suddenly, Juvia opened her coat and now she stood just in a bra in front of Gray who had the courtesy to blush and turn away instantly.

But Juvia had other plan, "Gray-sama, open your shirt"

Gray did as she said and both now stood semi-naked in front of each with a flushed face.
"Gray-sama, look here" She pointed out the scar on her and his body.

"See Juvia knows how important scars are for you. These scars are proof of our love" Then she corrected herself as Gray didn't give her answer still, "That's what Juvia believes. She sees them as an evidence that we are alive for one another and can have a future together if Gray-sama wishes to have one."

Gray instantly hugged her and whispered in her ears, "Thank you Juvia….. Thanks for everything you have done for this loser. Thank you…"

"Anything for Juvia's Gray-sama"

Juvia didn't urge him for the answer which he had promised in fear of ruining their rare, special moment but decided to wait until Gray himself tells her one day which she hoped will be sooner.