Phony truth 🌸

Anushree's viewpoint :

"Ishan!" I heard a girl exclaim and rush up to the hallway door.

"He's here! I need to touch up a bit." Some other girls in groups talked as I took out my belongings for the first lecture.

"He hadn't been attending classes since the past two days and he's back now. Ugh, what a relief." I heard voices and saw girls around me reapply their makeup products.

Who's this Ishan? And what's this fuss all about?

Almost all the girls in the area were acting weird. What's driving them this crazy?

I brushed off my thoughts while closing my locker and walked in the direction of the lab for the first practicals.

"Good morning Anushree." I heard a guy's voice and looked up to see Abhishek standing in front of me.

"Good morning." I smiled back.

"Lab chalein?" He questioned and I nodded.

We went in and took two seats. I decided to ask him about why girls were behaving that way over Ishan since he must be knowing it. I'm actually curious over it now.

"Who's Ishan?" I questioned Abhishek after a minute.

"My friend Ishan?" He questioned back.

"I don't know if he's your friend but the one the girls were fussing about today morning." I answered.

"He's the same person, my friend." Abhishek giggled.

"Actually Ishan's a really popular student in the college. His parents are one of the trustees here. In fact, they aren't just trustees, they're the ones who started this institution along with some other allies. Moreover, he's single and really good looking.

And you know how some girls are, they don't care who the boy is but just want him for popularity and to remain in the college talks." He added explaining everything.

"Ohh." I mumbled on analysing the situation.

"Where did you see him by the way? Is he back?" Abhishek questioned me.

"I didn't see him but I heard some girls say he's here." I replied him.

"Oh." He mumbled.

"Where was he?" I asked.

"We have a cricket match against our neighbouring college so he was busy with the event since he's the team captain." Abhishek informed.

Cricket match? Shubman must be in the team then.

"Match kab hai?" I asked.

"A week later." He answered and the professor arrived.

He was a bit late but many students hadn't arrived yet, especially girls. They must be busy trying to impress Ishan.

Our professor started with the programming lessons and Abhishek helped me with the coding.

Since I've joined the semester late, I'm facing some problems with the studies and maybe I should ask Abhishek for help.

"Abhishek, can you do me a favour?" I questioned him.

"Sure, say?" He replied.

"Can you help me with the previous portions, I'm having difficulty." I answered him.

"Sure. Why don't you meet me after college hours?" He suggested.

"Where?" I asked.

"Farmhouse." He answered.