Love as a feeling 🌸

Shubman's viewpoint :

"Shub, please do me favour bro." Ishan requested me.

"Kya?" I asked after gulping down some water.

"Girls want to celebrate today's win so we're partying. Tu Anushree ko invite karle, main hamare teammates ko invite karne jaa raha hoon." He explained.

"Venue aur timing toh bata bhai." I giggled.

"Oh yeah. Nirwana club, seven onwards." He informed me.

"Okay." I chirped and went out of the changing room, looking for Anushree.

I'm already so overwhelmed at the fact that Anushree smiled at me today. She even wished me before match with her thumb up, like she always did in our school days.

After a long time I've received a positive response from her. I've longed so much for a smile on her face and the reason behind it to be me, which happened today!

I searched for her and ultimately found her sitting alone in the ground where we played, with a lemonade in her hand. She looked lost in deep thought.

"Hi Anushree." I greeted her with a smile.

She looked motionless for a few seconds before responding.

"Hey." She replied.

"Yahan kya kar rahi ho?" I asked while sitting next to her.

"Just recalling our school days." She smiled with her eyes still on the pitch.

"Those were the best." I grinned along.

"Really. We never lost any match na." She giggled.

"Because I was the captain." I smirked.

"No idiot." She hit my chest playfully.

"It was because I cheered for you." She added giggling.

"You've always been my lucky charm." I said while deeply staring at her gorgeous face.

She's extremely beautiful inside out. My heart always longs for her presence. The way she loves me and her place in my heart are both irreplaceable.

"Just a myth. It's not like you lost matches without me." She pointed out.

"But I never lost when you were there." I stated.

"Coincidence maybe." She sighed and both of us silenced. Awkwardness surrounded us until I spoke up.

"Remember I proposed you in the school cricket ground itself?" I asked her while recalling that beautiful memory.

"Can't forget that." She replied with a genuine smile on her face.

"And you started crying, I got so scared!" I laughed.

"I couldn't believe you proposed me." She laughed along.

I can still hear her voice and feel every emotion we both went through at that time. The feeling was extremely surreal.

"Oh my God Shubman, I wasn't expecting this. Do you really love me? I'll surely be yours!"

My heart celebrated when Anushree agreed to be my girlfriend. Nothing has ever given me as much happiness as the moment she was mine did. I really love her so much.

"Mujhe laga tha main reject hone waala hoon." I chuckled.

"Pagal ho kya? Tumhe kaun reject kar sakta hai." She laughed.