Presumptions gone wrong 🌸

Ishan's viewpoint :

"Paper dance and ramp walk, is that all?" Samikhya questioned me while noting down the details.

"I'll think of some more." I replied.

"Okay. And are the titles done?" She asked the others in our group.

"Almost." Some other girl answered.

Soon it was time for the recess so the crowds started clearing. Everybody left immediately and the only people left in the auditorium were Samikhya and me.

"Sam, can I have a minute?" I questioned her and she nodded.

"Tum Shub ke saath perform karogi?" I asked on our way to the cafeteria.

"I wanted it to be you, but we don't have that choice." She sighed.

"Yeah right." I mumbled.

"Aur tum?" She asked me.

"Main soch raha hoon Anushree ke saath perform karlu." I answered.

"Okay. And that reminds me, kuch pata chala?" She questioned me.

"Not really but she's hiding things, like Shubman." I stated.

"Shubman ne Anushree ke saath hi fresher's ka task bhi liya, kuch toh reason hoga." She pondered.

"I think he wants to spend time with her par woh mujhe interested nahi lagti." I kept my point as we reached the cafeteria.

"Do you think he loves her?" Samikhya questioned me after we grabbed our lunch and took our seats at our usual table.

"Maybe. Par agar aisi baat hai toh Shub ko at least humein batana chahiye tha na." I told.

"Hmm right. Why is he not telling us?" She asked me.

"Shayad kuch complicated ho." I wondered while chewing my food.

"Main puchu Shub se?" She enquired.

"Don't. It'll make things worse." I stated.

"Why can't we just confront them together?" Samikhya sighed.

"Cause hamare paas koi evidence nahi, it's just instincts." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hmm you're right." She mumbled.

"I think humein wait karna hoga." I suggested.

"I'm actually concerned about all of us babe. People have started talking about them in here. If anything reaches our parents in a wrong way-" Samikhya was speaking but I cut her off.

"People are talking about Anushree and me as well so just relax, they'll talk. Nothing wrong's gonna happen." I consoled her.

"I'm feeling bad for her, she's getting a lot of hate here. Do you think I should talk to her? People won't jump onto conclusions if we make her a member of our squad." She suggested.

"Sure, there's no harm in it I guess." I replied.

"Everyone will think she's with you so ultimately the girls will accept it and I'll get some relief as well." Samikhya smiled and that melted my heart.

Somewhere or the other, girls swarming around me in attempt to win over my heart affects Samikhya, just like not being able to claim her in public does to me. We can't help but feel a stream of envy in our veins though we know how much we love each other and nothing's gonna break us apart.

Until a few weeks ago, I used to think that Shubman's the luckiest guy on this planet since he's able to be with Samikhya as her boyfriend everywhere, but is it really true?