Apologies 🌸

Samikhya's viewpoint :

"I'm coming in a minute." I told Riya and she nodded while taking her books out of her locker.

The boys are going for the cricket practice and Ashwati is called by the dean for some discussion.

"Anushree." I called out for her as I reached her locker.

She immediately turned around and her expressions changed on seeing me. She looked a bit uncomfortable and puzzled.

"Yeah?" She stuttered.

"Actually-" I started but stopped. God this is so awkward.

Anushree looked at me with questioning eyes, as if wanting me to say something.

Should I really apologise? Is it gonna make things even more awkward than before?

If I don't, the guilt is gonna take over me. The main reason I shouted at her was hearing about Ishan and her.

I can tolerate anything but someone taking away Ishan from me. He's my lifeline and I can't survive without him.

However, since the blames turned out to be fake, I should be sorry for my mistake.

"Do you want to say something?" Anushree questioned me, which brought me out of my irrational thoughts.

"I'm sorry." I apologised and her eyes widened.

"I overreacted." I added with guilt obvious on my face.

Anushree looked over towards my locker and then immediately shifted her gaze back to me.

"Its okay Samikhya, you don't have to say sorry." She replied while pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

I followed the direction of her eyes to view Shubman exiting the hallway. Was he standing at his locker earlier, which is just next to mine?

I at once understood what Anushree is implying and I need to clear the doubts.

"Anushree wait." I stopped her while she was walking.

She halted in her tracks and I followed up to her.

"Shubman didn't ask me to apologise." I informed her.

"I know. He's not the person to do that." She replied and then started walking again.

This time I held her wrist and stopped her again.

"Why did you kiss Shubman?" I questioned her straight forwardly. She looked away and stayed silent at that.

"That does not answer my question." I stated.

"I misjudged him. I didn't know about him and you, okay?" She justified herself.

"Alright, I believe you didn't know about me being with him. However, you aren't kissing every random boy who's single, then why Shubman?" I asked her.

The curiosity had been taking over me and this thing is really bothering me. I need an answer either from Shubman or her.

"I'm getting late to class." She flickered her eyes.

"I don't care. You have to answer me." I demanded.

"I don't owe you an explanation." She bluntly stated.

"He's my boyfriend so you do." I replied while crossing my arms around my chest.

"Fine." She said in frustrated tone.

"I was crying due to some reasons and he helped me out. He was the one to hug me and me kissing his cheek just happened, it wasn't intentional. Does that explain everything?" She added.