Heartbreak 🌸

Shubman's viewpoint :

"Why don't you come home?" I offered Anushree while walking out of the college campus with her.

"I've some assignments to complete, I'll visit later." She answered as we reached the main gate.

"Shall I accompany you to the hostel?" I asked, looking for ways to spend more time with my love.

"It'll look extra. You had a break up today itself." She giggled and I was reminded of it.

That's right, me being with Anushree all the time will somewhere portray that I never had feelings for Samikhya either. People might start blaming Anushree for our break up as well.

"You're always chilled after a break up and leave the girl crying." Anushree added with a pout.

"I don't get you." I spoke in confusion.

"Look at her, she looks so sad." She replied while shifting her gaze towards Samikhya.

Well I noticed it too, Samikhya's looking way too upset all day and its genuine, I can feel that.

Somewhere on the inside, I'm really sad as well. Being with Samikhya for the past year has been a beautiful phase of my life.

When I first heard Ishan and her tragic love story, I felt pity on her but simultaneously, I wasn't ready to act like her boyfriend.

It initially reminded me so much of Anushree and the times we actually used to date. I've always treated Samikhya like the princess she is, and it always reminded me of how rude I was to Anushree by leaving her for no reason.

Sometimes I really felt so helpless but gradually, it was my friendship that helped me come out of my wrenching past.

Samikhya has been with me in those times when I had no one. More than I was a boon to her, she was to me.

The world may feel that I was the one helping her out, but for me, she's the one who nurtured me back to the happy Shubman I was.

If there's someone who gives the word friendship its meaning, its Samikhya for me.

And that's the reason I was ready to sacrifice even my love, for her story to live. Seeing Ishan and her together makes me the happiest person on earth.

"More than me, she needs you today. Go make her happy." Anushree passed me a smile.

I'm glad Anushree understands my friendship well and never takes it the wrong way.

"I love you." I whispered to her while stroking her hair lightly.

"More." She smiled, making me grin wider.

"Bye, I'll see you tomorrow." She added waving and I waved back at her.

I then walked over to the parking lot, to see Samikhya, Ashwati and Riya leaving together in Samikhya's car.

We decided this yesterday itself. Since Samikhya can't be with Ishan or me, she'll drive her car herself today onwards.

On the other hand, I can shift to Ishan's and we can go home together, along with Abhay.

I got inside the car, taking the back seat beside Abhay, who looks super depressed.

"Bro, you okay?" I asked him in concern and he just shook his head in a no.

Our squad is completely broken. We're together in bits and pieces, which is hurtful.

Even during today's recess, Riya was with Sharad. Samikhya, Abhay, Ashwati and Kamlesh were having lunch together. Whereas Ishan, Anushree and I were on the other table.