Atrocities 🌸

Samikhya's viewpoint :

"You wanted to talk?" Shubman's statement sounded more like a question as he sat beside me.

"Nothing special, it's about the dance." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh okay. Just a minute." He said while taking his mobile out of his pocket.

Simultaneously, my phone indicated a text message as well. I opened it to see someone sent me a screenshot of Shubman's story, the one I uploaded on his account yesterday.

"Who's sending this uselessly?" Shubman giggled while showing me his mobile screen. He received the same message.

"College mein hamesha hamare pics viral hote rehte hain." I giggled back as he locked his phone.

"Being popular is tiring, isn't it?" Shubman sighed and I hummed to it.

Till then, I got a notification indicating some other pictures sent through the same number. I opened the chat to see some pictures of Ishan and Anushree.

A stream of envy and annoyance rushed down my veins as I saw Ishan's arm wrapped around Anushree's waist in the picture. He was whispering something in her ear as well.

"Are they a couple?!"
"No way this is true!"
"I'm so jealous of the new girl."
"It should've been me, not her."

I heard numerous indistinct chatters from people around us, especially girls, in the auditorium.

Suddenly I heard the sound of something clatter and looked beside to see Shubman's phone on the floor, which fell out of his hands.

"Shit." He cursed under his breath while picking up his mobile.

"You okay?" I asked him in concern.

"What do you think it is?" He asked me in response with a blank expression on his face while showing me Ishan and Anushree's picture.

"I.. I don't know." I stuttered at the suddenness.

"I can't see this happening." Shubman replied sadly with his hand on his heart.

I followed the direction of his eyes to see something that totally shattered my heart.

Ishan was hugging Anushree and they seemed really close. Also, his hand had cupped one of her cheeks and he was stroking it using his thumb.

My heart was breaking into a million pieces on seeing them together like this.

Has Ishan changed? Does he not love me anymore?

"Sam.. oh no don't cry." Shubman wiped away my tears while I kept staring them blankly. I didn't even realise that I've started crying.

Shubman pushed away a strand of hair behind my ear and leaned in to say something.

"I understand your emotions par yahan mat ro, please. We don't want everything out." He whispered.

"What everything Shubman? I'm on the verge of losing my everything." I sniffed.

"No Sam, please trust him. This can't be true." He pleaded.

I saw a sense of deep regret and fear of uncertainty in Shubman's eyes as he spoke those words.

"I want to trust him Shub par kaise?" Tears flew down my cheeks as I uttered the question.