safe place

Jack was in bed and I was making breakfast for the kids and Sierra and Adalee were really taking towards Ruby and her the same to them. I wasn't about to let Jack ruin this. Now I had no intentions of asking him about Ruby because it seems like he's preferred to act like a teenager throwing a tantrum.

"Ruby what do you think about staying with us?"

"I would like to thank you" she says lowly.

"Great I'll sort things out later right now how about a pool day girls we haven't been out there for a while"

"Mommy can we take Ruby to our place"

"Sure hun I don't see why not"

When the girls were born I used to take them to a little hiding place on the beach I found. I turned it into our girl's safe place. Whenever we needed to talk things out or get away we'd go there. I invited Johnson, Dejeah and Kelsey over I wanted to talk with Stassie so I asked Johnson if she could come. It's my house but I like the comfortable environment and he said he couldn't care any less than he already does. Plus I wanted to ask Kelsey about her and Johnson. I even invited Maggie and her son over maybe he'd be a nice friend for Ruby because they're around the same age.

*

I was making lunch while making call for work. I sadly had to balance work and everything else today. Kelsey was cutting chicken and Stassie the Veggies it was kind of awkward because they refused to talk to each other.

"So Kelsey what's going on between you and Johnson?" I asked

"I don't really know right now but we're going out tonight"

"Think he's gonna make it official" she said as she looked towards Stassie sadly

"Can you keep an eye on this for me I need to go check something?" Giving them the chance to talk I walked outside to see Ruby on Caleb's shoulders, Adalee on Sammy's, Sierra on Dejeah's. They were all playing chicken fight. I go over to Maggie and hug her for the sixth time since she arrived. Before I could get a word in all heads turn and silence spread across the yard except for the kids who didn't know shit and kept playing.

Jack stood at the door to the house in the same clothes he was in yesterday just without a shirt. All talking and buzz goes back and I ignore his presence.

"Time to have fun go change" Johnson yelled as he threw a bucket of water on me

"Ok ok I'm going" I laughed as I walked past Jack

"You know we need to talk about this"

"I know but let me cool off first because if I talk to you I don't know what I'll do" I didn't even bother to look at him. I was too disappointed.
I changed into a red one shoulder, one piece that was backless cutting above my but and had little roses on its neckline to the strap I covered up with a wrap and carried a towel in hand. When I got downstairs Jack was by himself sipping on a beer and I could care less. My mom was taking pictures of Em and An playing with the twins. Everyone was having fun even Stassie and Kelsey who I guess worked things out

"He seems really upset" Johnson says breaking my train of thought

"He should be" was all I said before I threw myself into the pool

*

Everyone left including my mom and sisters they went out for dinner. I would go with them but the sun was about to set and I said I would take the girls to our spot.

"Are we going to talk or not"

"Tomorrow" I said firmly

"You're seriously putting me off"

"No I'm being a mother"

"So you just magically happen to want to leave to where no one knows with the kids are you serious right now" his voice raise a tad and I still continues pack my backpack

"We're going to the beach"

"This hour? Yeah I believe that"

"Ok then" I say nonchalantly

"Why is that little girl here anyway"

"Because I wanted her here she might love with us" I said sipping up my bag and was heading towards the door but he runs in front of me shuts it and stands in front of it

"Are you serious that child tried to commit suicide 3 times and you want her around my kids she picks fights she's violent"

"And if Madison hadn't dropped you off at Cam's Jack your the same amount of violence when you're drunk you're worst even so what makes you wouldn't have hurt the people you love"

I say still not looking at him. I put my bag down forgetting a towel for Ruby. She likes the ones in our room because it's fluffy. Maybe I should leave some in her room.

I walked back and he still hadn't moved

"Can you please move" my eyes refused to look at him. I don't know why but they just did.

"I don't want her living here"

I didn't respond

"I don't want that near my kids"

He can't be serious...he just referred to her as that.

"Sammy look at me please" my body froze lost in thought. Thinking about what I was sensing. The aura I took time to get away from. The thing I thought I got away from for good.

"Samantha would you fucking look at me when I'm fucking talking to you!"

Snapping me back to reality was the booming sound of his voice that echoed through the room, sending vibrations through my body and the aching pain that shot through my back as he pushed me onto the door and held my arms firmly holding me up against it. Not only that but the slap that came with it.

I didn't know what to say or do.

"Baby I'm sorry"

My mouth opened to say something but my words got stuck with the tears that I didn't want my kids to see.

I didn't want them to see me like that

I didn't want them to ask what's wrong

I didn't want to say that your daddy hit me...