approval

Derek's POV

I buttoned up my shirt as I smiled satisfied with my outfit put together. I was going out with Samantha and her friend Dejeah tonight for dinner. The others couldn't attend because they still hate me but I hate myself too so I guess it's not hard to believe. Dejeah was a really laid back person and was honored to have this experience.

I mean she is closer to Samantha somehow so if she accepts the change me she can get Samantha around more and the others. As I slipped my watch on my had I heard a knocking at the door.

They're here already?

I walked towards the door somehow feeling nervous about this and was ready to back out but I was already dressed. I opened the door with a smile on my face but it only fades once I saw her.

"o you're going out" she frowns and looks down. I looked at her face and her puffy eyes said it all. She was crying. O great, just great she wanted me to comfort her . She can't be serious. Her hair combed out to perfection and I noticed she put it back to its original colour brown. I hadn't noticed till now. The rest of her I didn't want to set my eyes on. Nope I wasn't turning back.

"why are you here?"

"I wanted to talk its important" she says when I got a text from Samantha saying she was outside

I grabbed my keys, phone and wallet off the side table near the door and locked up. I looked at Anastasia and I could help but shake my head in disappointment.

"after all these years you still do this"

"do what?" she sniffles

"every time some breaks your pretty little heart you come to me looking for sympathy and when you get what you want from me you leave and don't give me a second glance, I'm not into that find someone else to walk over I'm done" I said walking off wondering if I meant what I said.

was I really done

*

She got out the car and I couldn't help but gawk at how beautiful she looked in her little sun dress but at her naked face. No makeup just the lip balm she'd occasionally add and her hair brushed out to its straight perfection. Dejeah was in denim shorts a tshirt an a leather jacket which matched her leather ankle boots, her hair in a messy bun and her demeanor not a care in the world.

we sat down enjoying the scenery and ate eventually left with the night still young

"I'm borrrdah" Dejeah whined

"lets go go clubbing" she suddenly hyped

"I'm down" I say as I looked at Samantha waiting for her answer

"come on lets have some fun no thinking well maybe a little but you get the point" Dejeah insisted as she started taking selfies and pictures of Samantha while she drove.

"ok lets go"

the nearest club was only a few minutes from where we were but I don't think Dejeah was going to make it in one piece. There was a car continuously honking at us and she was over the edge. We pulled up to a red light and she unbuckled her seat belt and got out the car.

"yo bitch what the fuck you honking at my best friend for is your name sir honksalot shut the hell up!"

this girl is insane

she got back in the car and sat peacefully till

the guy was yelling something back but she obviously didn't understand what he was trying to say. She stuck her upper body out the window and looked back at the car

"nigga is you really talking back to me don't make me get in your car!" she yelled aggressively as she pointed at him as if she had more authority over him.

The light turned green and the guy pulled to the side of us. He started babbling in Italian till he finally spoke english. "I was trying to tell you that your break light is out stupida donna!"

(translation: you stupid woman)

"oh thank you" Dejeah said lowly as she sunk into her seat embarrassed

*

"come dance with me" Samantha begged Dejeah

Samantha wasn't drunk she just decided to have fun after a lot of begging her. Dejeah said she wanted to get batshit drunk so she stayed at the bar for a while. I don't know what bat shit had to do with it but its what she wanted to do.

"derek you come on then"

"I'll be out in a sec" I tell her as I sipped on my beer

"promise?" she pouted her plum lips and let a tear fall from her eyes

damn

"I promise" she skipped away happily and continued to let the beat take her away

"so what's your game?" Dejeah blurts slyly

"what game"

"obviously you know about her and Jack because you didn't seem fazed by it when she lowkey brought it up and she let you back it"

"I have no intention of getting with her it would be nice but Jack has more of a place in her heart than I ever could so my focus is on my daughter"

"I believe you but to be honest its not because she's giving you a chance that I would its because I see something in you that if people bypassed the past events would understand, you're a good person so if you and her get into something I won't tell"

"you're encouraging cheating?","no thanks but I'd rather win her over the right way, I want her to trust me again"

"and you have my vote" she grins

"I'm confused"

"you just proved you changed you gave me the right answer"

she was testing me...wow

"now go dance with her I'm done talking to you that hotty is waiting for my lips on his body"