Chapter 05 - Birthday party

Chapter 05 - Must have been the wind

Hyde

That man was a complete lunatic! I'm not even sure why I hit the jerk in the face. What is happening to me? The feeling is so strange that I couldn't even explain it. I remember the look on her face earlier. It was so soft and tender. Maybe she's insane. She let that drunkard grab her wrist.

"Saan ka galing?" Nag-katinginan kami ni Joah ng umupo ako. I don't want to look obvious so I tried to act cool and normal. If possible, I don't want them to notice the bruise I got.

I'm so sick of being the subject of much local gossip.

"Umihi ako." Napailing-iling na lang siya. I'm pretty sure that something was popping up in his head right now. It doesn't matter.

I don't mind though.

"Cr lang tapos may bangas? aba matindi. Naki pag-lampungan ka sa gripo sa cr?" sarkastikong tanong niya. I rolled my eyes then there comes the three, came to butt in.

There come the morons. The president is Joah. Montani the jackass or should I say the legendary skirt-chaser, Phoenix the croaking frog because he's always talking, Gaius our Mr. Chef, and last but not least, Cross, the silent but dangerous one.

"Akala namin nakatira ka na," tawag-tawang biro ni Phoenix while sipping on his wine.

"I'm not like you," I mumbled. Nang may dumaang waiter, nag-palagay ulit ako ng wine. Hindi naman ako malalasing kung iinom ako ng wine.

"Nasaan si Gaius?" Ngumuso si Montani at awtomatikong napatingin ako sa gawi na tinuro niya. He's with his parents and some oldies.

"His father gave him an antique ring that was owned by the late king of Egypt." Napatango napatango na lamang ako. That was pretty interesting.

"I wonder where did Tito Gustavio buy that." Nag-lalaro din sa isip ko kung ano ang itsura nun. The image of an old golden ring with a 14. 2-carat blue diamond is popping up in my head.

Gaius is not really fond of gifts but I was sure na pabor na pabor sakanya yung singsing na niregalo ng Daddy niya dahil mahilig siya sa mga antique. He's some sort of weird guy.

"I heard from those oldies that Tito bought it from a wealthy family in Egypt who owned that ring. Binili daw iyon na sa halagang $57.5 million." Well, hindi na ako nag-taka sa presyo. Madami ang nag-hahabol sa singsing na iyon.

"What's your gift ?" I asked. Napatingin sa 'kin si Joah habang sumisimsim rin ng wine.