XV. The Bonfire

The whole day was spent on swimming and drawing on sand. There wasn't any time for surfing, but I'll do that soon enough, I promise to myself.

I dried myself before putting my shorts and an oversized shirt on top.

The sky is already dark and since we're in front of a high-end resort, there's not much people anymore.

We have pretty much spent the day with enjoyment but I doubt we can finish it with one. The trio's back, I can see them walking towards us while Zack's assembling the sticks and rocks at the center of our circle.

"Did you have fun?" Halle asked, uninterested with the answer.

"Not until you showed up." It naturally left my mouth and I received a scowl from her.

"It's set, finally." Zack announced, showing the gathered sticks and stones as if it was his latest masterpiece.

"Who brought the lighter?" Kevin asked but none of us responds. "Are you gonna make me rub these?" Zack asked unwillingly to perform the action.

"Come on, just do your witchy things." Halle said.

"We're trying to live like normal people, Halle. If you don't want to, then leave." Meg responded.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Robyn asked.

"I invited them." Stan answered for her, "This is after all my father's resort." He showed a smug face.

"Then go some place else. It's not like this is the only area available." She replied.

"As if you don't enjoy seeing my brother's face." Halle said when we all shut up, "My bad, you don't seem to care about the face more than what you can touch."

"What the fuck." Her twin reacted, and in his mind, he's probably thinking that Halle thinks of him that low, which she does and I won't argue.

After all, it's his deed as well.

"If you think that I'm a slut, then what do you call yourself, huh?" Rob backfired.

"Well, unlike you, guys come to me." Halle boasted.

"Nothing even happened." Red scoffed before lying on the sand, not caring about the arguement.

"That doesn't change the fact that-" Before Halle could finish, Meg continued for her, "That you came here to accuse something that you didn't even see with your own eyes."

"You only jump into conclusions, that's what it is." Halle answered and I had a feeling that we were talking about a different subject already.

"Stop." Zack said. He made everyone silent even of our breaths. But it's not because of his voice, it's because of what he did.

The word was accompanied with fire. The sticks bursted flame and I'm sure it's not because of Meg's anger. It just added to the pointless tension.

"Marshmallows?" Kevin broke the silence trying to hand us over the bag of mallows.

Meg walked out and seconds later, Halle groaned whispering, and walked to the opposite way. This day was overrated.

"You really didn't bang her?" Stan asked Red curiously and he got a smirk as an answer.

Red was out of sight in a blink and half of the group was left surrounding the fire.

"This is all your fault." Rob pointed at her stepbrother.

"Why are you blaming me on this?" He asked as if he had no clue.

"Let's see, first you didn't get the necklace that I was asking you from the very start; and second, you brought your girlfriend or whatever here to ruin the day." She explains.

"It's not the time to blame." Zack, for the first time, was mature enough.

"Who's asking you?" Stan responded.

Zack looked at him with his own flame in his eyes.

I sighed before standing up, "It's time to go."

"Thanks for the day, I had fun." I smiled and grabbed my bag before adding, "At least, the first half of it." I eyed them all before I started to walk.

Why was there an arguement in the first place, anyway? One thing I'm sure of, Halle just can't get her bitchy mouth to shut up.

And what's the deal with the ex-bestfriends?

As I exit the main doors of the building, I heard Meg's voice, as well as Halle in low murmurs. They were at the close corner of the parking area.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop but it just so happens that I will pass by them on my way home.

And one line from my blonde friend was enough to answer my question.

"You, killing my father, has no excuse."