XXIX. The Missed

Red

Halle left me to deal with her issues with Megan so I figured, I should deal with mine. I drove to the Le Blanc Manor and the place is packed.

There are cars parked at every side of the driveway and the place is lighted with all types of Christmas lights. There's even a huge Christmas tree in the middle of their front yard.

Embelishments. Le Blancs' special talent.

"An invitation, sir." The guy in the front door blocked me and asked.

I looked him directly in the eyes, "This is my RSVP."

He let me in and I looked at the whole place. The house from the bottom floor is packed with guests in suits and dresses. Good thing, I'm dressed for the occassion.

"Champagne?" A server with a tray of wine glasses asked.

"No, thank you." I smiled and nodded politely.

I was on my way upstairs when someone called me, "Red?"

I faced her smiling and raising my brows.

"I don't know if you remember me but hi." She said.

"Of course I do." I never forget some pretty faces. I never forget, in general. I recalled that she's a senior from last year, who might be in college now.

"Wow. I mean, it's good to see a face that I know. Everyone here is just so old and you know." She chuckled and I chuckled back.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I'm good." I simply answered.

"Oh. Have you eaten already or something? Come on, I'll join you." She invited.

"Excuse me but I have to go look for someone." I smiled politely.

"Oh." She reacted. Before proceeding upstairs, I kissed her cheek, "Merry Christmas."

I arrived at Stan's door and opened it immediately. He wouldn't dare to go downstairs and look at his father's people. But of course, he wouldn't miss the midnight drink to skip this party.

"Bro, come on." He complained when I entered his room while he was in the middle of making out. The lady was shy so she exited the room immediately.

Stan rolled up his sleeves before asking me, "What are you doing here?"

"Wouldn't wanna miss the fun." I answered sarcastically.

"No, seriously? I didn't think you would even wanna talk to me because of what I did to your sister." He said with a hint of guilt. That's new.

"You mean save her?" I teased to hear him say what I want him to say.

He shook his head, avoiding my gaze, "Not that." He then sighed and looked at my direction again, "I meant before that. Lying and hurting her."

And I'm wrong. He didn't feel any guilt. He said those words as if he's proud of what he's done.

"Come on, I know you want to punch me. Again." This time, he's the one annoying me. But he's right, I really do want to.

Halle left right away when she found out that Stan had the necklace and that he was cheating on her. I admit, I knew that he was cheating on her but I didn't think my sister was serious. She didn't even slap him, she just walked away. So I took the behalf on doing so.

Right after that, he didn't show up his face, not at school either. He was fucking lucky that he didn't have to take another hit when he helped in saving my sis.

I smiled without any emotion, "Halle is strong. You, on the other hand, couldn't even stand up to Greg."

His reaction changed as soon as I mentioned the name of his father. He stormed out and left me inside of his room.

Stan is holding all his pieces together to keep him from fighting his dad. That's the only good thing he's done for awhile.

I saw a folder under his pillow. Now he never do school work so what could this be?

I opened it and my brows instantly furrowed when I saw what's inside.

Certificate of Adoption

Soleil Perry has been formally granted to Patrick S. Collado Jr and Francine Evania T. Collado.

I checked the 2nd paper and it's another adoption certificate except the surname of the adoptive parents is Perry and Soleil had another surname.

There are five adoption papers in total with different names and dates. The black and white tells me that they are all photocopied but it doesn't tell me why Stan has these.

"You found it."

I faced Stan with a questioning look.

He just shrugged, "Well, I know that you were curious in her history but of course you didn't want to invade privacy so I did it for you. That's my gift."

He's right.

But he's wrong about one thing. One boring day, I did dig into Sol's past and one thing I knew is missing the number of these papers.

She was adopted six times.