XVII. The Lie

I walked inside a crowdy cafe on a sunday morning.

Meg gave me the help I needed and she's probably dealing with her grandpa right now.

I searched for the face I was looking for in every table until I was on the counter when someone called me, "Sol!"

"Kevin?" I was surprised seeing him at behind the counter, wearing a uniform which tells that he works in here.

"Didn't take you much of an extrovert." He joked.

I just smiled at his kind-of-compliment but not before he probably have read my mind and said, "This is my mom's. I work here part-time."

I nodded, "Don't let me distract you. I'm just looking for-"

When I saw her, I didn't get the chance of finishing my sentence and walked straight to the girl's table.

"Where is it?" I asked and her brows furrowed.

"Excuse me? My friends are coming over so if you mind." She said on her sassy tone.

"This won't take long. As long as you give me the necklace now." I told her which and I caught an expression she was trying to hide.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Her answer aggravated me but I knew I needed to control myself.

"That line is pretty much old. And I'm talking about the gold chain, gold sun pendant that you stole during the dance." I explain.

"Look, I don't have it." She defended.

My urge to roll my eyes wasn't constrained, "Do you want to add a little more stain on your record? Guess what, jewelry theft is-"

"I told you already, I don't have it with me. Someone got it from me." She cut me off.

"Hey. You might want to lower your voices." Kev appeared behind my back.

"I really don't have it." The girl repeated before some other older kids arrived saving her by the bell.

"Then who does?" I asked her.

"I swear I would give you the answer if I knew." She answered in a lowered voice. I looked straight into her eyes but she didn't even blink once.

"Who can get it and make her forget?" Kev gave the clue that I already had the answer in mind.

"Where are you going?" He asked while I walk to the exit.

He ran to my side, this time not wearing an apron anymore before he asked, "Do you know where you're going to find it?"

I faced him but my eyes went to the view outside the window.

"No, but I know who does." I walked as fast as I could to go at middle of the road to stop the moving car while I hear Kevin curse with my name.

My enhanced senses has smelled what was inside the car despite of the fresh air.

"I really hope it's not a body." The words naturally came to my mouth the same time Red went out of the driver's seat.

"Blood bags. Now I'm convinced that you're a stalker." He answered.

"In fact, right now, I am. But please, don't be so full of yourself." I smiled fakely and watched if there were incoming cars but thankfully there weren't.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"Stan, where is he?" I frankly answered and asked on the same sentence.

"I'm not a GPS." He sarcastically answered.

I sighed in annoyance and my vision started to go darker signing the my eyes are changing their color, so I blinked to make it normal again.

Honestly, I expected a reaction from him but his face was as hard as a rock.

"He must be with your sister so just do your twin telepathy and tell me where she is." I said.

"You of all people shouldn't believe in telepathy other than witch magic." He lectured.

I crossed my arms without saying a word and he finally said the answer I was long waiting for, "Have you tried our house?"

At the same time, a car behind his honked.

I started to walk and Kevin followed behind me when he suggested, "Let's hit a cab."

We arrived at a road where their house lied because the cab didn't want to drop us at the exact location.

Easily, I spotted Stan and Halle making out on the hood of a car parked outside their gates.

Kevin huffed, which meant he have the same reaction as me. Disgusted.

They must have sensed me, considering that they stopped and turned to where I am.

"We don't take guests." Halle said as I got closer.

"I'm not interested either. Where's the necklace?" I asked them.

"It's not with us." She answered at took a glance to her boyfriend.

"Then who else would have it?" I asked, not taking their answer.

"We are so over that. It's not like we can benefit from it." She explained.

"It's not with us." Stan stood up straight and said those words.