XXVII. The Saviors

"She's in a construction area." Meg said, trying to locate Halle while pointing at the map near a shoreline.

"It's a resort. I know that. We own that land." Rob figured out which made Stan scoff, "Your father owns that." She corrected.

"Why would they keep her there?" I asked.

"It's abandoned. The original owner was in an accident. The construction has been lifted and I think it will be demolished soon." Rob explained.

"Let's just get over it." Stan walked out.

"Good luck." Zack said while he stopped Robyn's car. He volunteered to be the driver for me and Meg since he doesn't wanna use his powers cause he's 'out-of-practice.'

"The car was faster than you." I pointed out to Red and Stan who preferred running their way here but just came a minute after us.

"We had to pick up some energy." Red answered beside me. I smell the energy that he's referring. Never gets old.

Stan went in first but he was blocked by an invisible border, "Fuck."

We all looked at Meg who's palm is over the border, "It's not a spell." She claimed while looking down.

The place is circled by some kind of dust I've never seen before and the reaction of the two guys next to me seems like they haven't either.

"Bibidee bobidee boo?" I asked Meg trying to find some humor with my serious voice.

She sighed before saying some words that I don't understand at all except one, "...ventus..." A harsh wind blew to from behind us and I felt like being blown away.

The connection of the dust broke which made Red and Stan rush inside.

"Go." I tell Meg to go back inside the car.

It's time for action from us.

I went inside to find Halle lying on a long piece of wood. She is tied up with multiple chains and she looks.... sedated?

I mean really, really weak.

"Watch out." Red words made me duck unconsciously and I heard a gunfire with the bullet that past me.

Well that really annoyed me.

My vision went dark for a second but it came back to normal a moment later when I turned back to see a man with a white lab coat and a pair of leather gloves.

I ran towards him to punch him but he held my neck which burnt like hell. There's something with his gloves.

My vision went dark again and this time, claws started to form and I scratched his face with them.

He was down like a puppy so I kicked him to remove his consciousness.

"Code one. Number one!" I heard a man's voice coming towards us. He was holding a radio close to his mouth.

He stopped running when he saw the three of us in the room where Halle was and ran away but Stan went after him.

"They're here!" Another man shouted and three more lab coat guys were inside the room with me and Red.

We all stood there for seconds waiting for whoever will make the first move. And I guess they did.

An arrow flew right in front of me and I caught it easily. Wrong choice of weapon man, I master arrows. I smirked.

I threw the arrow to the man's leg which made him scream.

Another guy ran bravely towards me and raised his hand inches away from my face. I had no time to avoid it so I blocked my face with my hand and I felt like my hand is being set on fire.

Using my other hand, I held the guy's arm and with me knees, I kicked his crotch.

Another puppy's on the floor.

I looked back to catch the man I threw the arrow to, holding a gun and aiming for me.

My eyes widened. I witnessed Red rip the man's head off. I stared at him, who had his dark eyes staring right into me as well, for a second before I turned to the head on the floor.

I noticed him. He was one of the guys observing the school the other day.

"Hurry up. More men are on their way." Stand said as he came back.

I ran to Halle who is now conscious. I broke the thick chains one by one, "You're not dead yet." I said, making a point and slightly asking why.

"That's because they weren't after me." She said weakly while I break the last chain.

Her next words stuck inside my head,

"They were looking for you."