XXXIV. The Friendship

Rob

I went down from my room. My plan was to go out as soon as I do but my evil stepbrother blocked the way. Great. Just great.

"What do you want now?" I asked.

His eyes narrowed as if he had battling thoughts on what he's about to answer, "Listen, has your friend talked to you?"

I tilt my head in confusion, "Which friend is this? Oh, and why do you care?"

"The hot one." He smirked, "Soleil."

I rolled my eyes. That is purely disgusting. He can screw every girl out there, or guy, I don't even care, just not my friend.

"Of course we talk." I was going to say a lot more things but I realized that there was no point of wasting my time with his stalking business.

"Hey, you don't get to walk away from me." He was already in front of me.

"What the hell, Stan. You know you're not supposed to use your...." I exhaled loudly. He shouldn't use his powers inside the house, it's full of cameras and workers. But it's his problem, not mine, anyway.

"You know what. Just go. You're not gonna be any help to me." He said and I smiled sarcatically, "I'll take that as a compliment."

"What are your plans for spring break?" Sol suddenly asked the group. We saw her just now because she didn't go to school for two days after our short night out. She didn't even say anything.

"Are you kidding or something? Christmas just finished." Kevin said.

"Why? You have something in mind?" Meg asked.

"Texas." She whispered but I heard it because I'm sitting right beside her and it made me confused.

"What happened the last two days?" I asked.

"I was kidnapped and then yesterday, I just didn't feel like going to school." She answered as if it was no big deal. Did she say kidnapped?

"Kidnapped by who?" Zack asked in behalf of all of us.

She shook her head stating that the answer is obvious.

"Oh my gosh. How did you get out?" I asked.

"Through the door. The window was too strong." She answered, not even taking the question seriously. The boys even laughed at her answer but Meg looked very concerned while I am guilty.

"I shouldn't have left you to go home by yourself." I said.

"Don't worry, Robyn. I'm a big girl now." How can she make jokes now? She used to be the most serious girl, who talks straight to the point, that I knew.

When I went home, I noticed a familiar motorbike parked outside our gate.

I went inside my room and jumped off of surprise when I saw Red leaning on my bed's headboard.

"If you suddenly had amnesia, Stan's room is not this room." I didn't mean to be rude. After all, he let me sleep over in his house a few times.

He just signed me the shush with his index finger.

"Has Sol ever spoken to you about her history?" He asked.

"Why is everybody asking about her?" I asked myself and him.

"Who is everybody?" He asked, brows furrowed.

"I don't know. You, Stan. I mean who else? What do y'all want with her. A list of men she's been with?" I asked, again, rudely.

I immediately felt a little, tiny percent bad, "I'm not blaming you. I'm sorry. I just feel guilty and all." I admitted. I still can't get over the fact that Sol was kidnapped.

I sat beside him on my bed and he draped his arms on my shoulder while I badly needed a hug so thanks to him.

"What did you do, smoke?" Red joked.

"No. I left her. The interesting Sol." I answered, "She got kidnapped by the Pertur-peepz. And she's not even answering our damn questions. Ugh!"

He didn't comment anything for seconds so I just asked him, "What about her?"

"Do you know the word Deltaveña?" He asked.

I got confused by his question but I just answered.

"Veña, I have no idea. But, aside from representing letter D, Delta sounds like a Latin word or something, doesn't it? I don't know, I don't listen in class."