33 • Misfortunate Events

The next few chapters are fillers, but will progress the plot.

Please vote for this chapter :)

_____

"You want us to go on a camping trip for spring break?" Namjoon asked.

"Yep, it'll be fun." Hoseok chirped as he took a bite out of his homemade chicken noodle soup with a soda (specifically sprite) on the side.

"Camping during March?" Taehyung asked. "Isn't it like, I don't know 50 degrees?"

"Quit being a wuss, the forecast says the weather should be decent, if you get cold just bring a jacket," Hoseok said. " C'mon it'll be a nice week, just us in the middle of the woods."

"Sounds quite scary when you put it like that."

"I don't know, it's the perfect place for a murder to take place if you ask me," Yoongi mentioned while eyeing Hoseok in the process.

"Hyung stop scaring me," the latter pouted. "Anyways, my parents said they would rent us a cabin. So we don't need to bring tents and sleeping bags."

"How many rooms?" Namjoon asked.

"Four bedrooms, so we'll have to split, and also there's a patio where we can set up a campfire."

"It sounds fun," Jungkook said.

"Yeah I agree," Jin commented. "Besides it's nice to get some air."

"We can arrive at the cabin on Monday and leave on Friday, so thats five days," Hoseok explained while counting the days of the week, resulting in five fingers in the air.

"I'm down to go," Jimin said.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt," Namjoon gave in.

The six boys dragged their eyes on the red head who was still contemplating on his decision. At last Taehyung sighed, "Fine, I'll go too."

"Great! I'll let my parents know. Since all seven of us are going we're probably going to need two cars." Hoseok mentioned. "I can drive my car, but someone else needs to bring their car and drive."

"I can't bring my car, it's my moms. Her and dad still won't buy me one," Taehyung huffed. "Like really, we have the money! They're just choosing not to."

"Alright Taehyung, no need to subtly flex on us," Namjoon chuckled, "I could bring my car and drive."

"Nice, we've got all that figured out," Hoseok beamed. "Its gonna be the best vacation of our senior year!"

. . .

"Hyung this is by far the worst vacation of our senior year!" Taehyung exclaimed.

As planned for spring break, the boys packed their belongings in separate cars. Namjoon with Jin, Yoongi, and Jimin; Hoseok with Jungkook and Taehyung. Perhaps you could say the couples chose each other rather than splitting their time together by a little, Hoseok joked about how one car contained three leftover boys, little did he know he was driving with a couple.

And off they went, the two cars FaceTimed to stay in touch despite only being only several miles away. They chatted, bickered and such before their connection cut off. Apparently they were driving on an isolated road with very little service— it wasn't long before a massive storm rolled in after that: The sky was layered with dark clouds threatening to wreck havoc, water heavily tapping on the winshield almost as if it was going to break through the tough glass. When Namjoon turned on the windshield wipers he mentioned how Jin's laugh was similar, teasing the elder and getting a light smack on his arm in return.