36 • Bonfire

Hoseok

"OH MY GOD JUNGKOOK BE CAREFUL!" I dodged the axe just in time before it split my head open, the dangerous moment only cut strands of my hair.

"Oops, sorry." Jungkook apologized in a monotone voice. He seemed pissed, I wonder what for. 

The raven sighed for the millionth time before chopping the wood before him, having the shards split in several directions once again.

"JUNGKOOK I CAN'T COMMENCE THE BARBECUE IF YOU KEEP ACCIDENTALLY KILLING US." Jin scolded with him.

"You know what I'm just going to go get sticks that don't need to be handled by JK," I said.

"Can I come with? I need to take out the trash anyways," A voice suddenly spoke. I turned into the direction of the source to see Jimin with a black bag over his shoulder.

"Oh... yeah sure," I beamed lightly.

And so the both of us went out into the woods, traveling to the dumpster and collect sticks along the way. The bright forest colors contrasted with the dawn's sky, stars already somewhat appearing with the faded moon. We were beside a lake, algae feeding the copper fish and plants growing out of the surface. The lake was manmade as bricks were surrounding it, giving it a touch of elegance despite being exposed to the shy wilderness.

"So... " I began, the silence was killing me. "How're you and Yoongi?"

Jimin chuckled, "We're good."

"Ah, that's nice." I said while picking up a wooden branch from the ground.

"Hey Hoseok-hyung, I've been thinking... do you have a liking for someone?" Jimin asked out of the blue.

"Excuse me?" I stiffened.

"You know, you in loveeee?" Jimin included a little 'oooh' vibe in his question, he drew a heart with his two index fingers (quite uneven due to the wood in one of his hands).

I shrugged with a small smile plastered on my lips. "Just puppy love, nothing important."

"Well who is it!" The younger became exhilitered learning I had a crush.

"Ah Jiminie, its really not that important." I cooed at how adorable he was acting.

"You can tell me hyung, my lips are sealed." The boy with pink locks gestured a zipper over his plump lips.

Oh how kissable they were.

I mentally slapped myself for staring.

"Jimin, I probably don't have a liking for them romantically anymore," I diverted my attention on the pieces of wood on the forest's floor.

"You sound like you're trying to convince yourself," Jimin tilted his head to aside.

Was I?

I went silent for a while as my thoughts were trying to reel in the truth. I was, I couldn't keep falling deeper for the boy—
I couldn't betray my best friend.

As what everyone says: At times it's best to tell the truth to forget about the truth.

Ah yes, I made that up myself.

We were beside the lake, walking along the edge. I balanced myself on the bricks, one wrong move I would end up falling into the freezing shallow water.

It's better to get it off my chest, I'm sure our friendship wouldn't change.

"Jimin..." I whisperly laughed to myself, "I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell you."