38 • Prune Mates

Lisa

"Irene, what do you think about this dress?" I asked as I held up a well fabricated dress, an ombré tainted with a pastel yet bold pink at the top— shimmering down to a sleepless black. The transition shimmered with exhilaration and a dramatic ego.

"That would look sexy on you," Irene complimented before squealing. "This is so exciting!" She danced around the isles, twirling every dress in her sight. "What do you think about this baby blue dress?"

I hummed to myself, "It would look nice— but what about this red velvet one?" I mentioned the eye catching outfit.

"Actually, that looks so much prettier," she hung her mouth in awe, her eyes sparkled in such dazzlement.

"And this is the missing touch, try this out." I handed her a golden set, earrings dangling enough to hypnotize, a body necklace slithering up her neck to give more glam.

"God you're such a fationista," Irene said.

I shrugged, "I'm just trying to make sure we look good at prom."

"So you can win Jungkook back from whoever he's got eyes on?" She gave a little wink.

"I'm neither confirming or denying your assumption," I timidly smiled.

The ravenette laughed. "Well you're definitely gonna get him, you're gonna look hot!"

I cackled along. "Only if I find a date to prom, I can't believe I'm shopping before I know if I'm even attending it."

"You'll be invited to prom Lisa," Irene patted the little wrinkles away.

"Really? Did you figure out a way where I can attend prom?" I moved my bangs slightly to aside.

Irene sighed as she rolled her eyes, "I asked Jackson if he could take us both but apparently the school doesn't allow that."

I seconded her sigh. "If only there was someone who didn't have a date."

My best friend put her index to her chin, thinking before a smirk plastered against her features. "I think I may know someone who'll take you to prom."

• • •

"What the fuck? No."

"Why not Taehyung!" I argued with my brother. "It's not like you're going to prom with anyone, I've heard that you've rejected nearly half of the girls."

"I'm not taking you. You can to next year," he said before cleaning up his art kit. I assumed he was painting something before I barged into his room.

"But I don't understand why not!" I continued to bicker with the hopeless red head.

"What's going on in here?" My mother's voice suddenly interrupted our verbal fight.

"Taehyung doesn't have a date to prom but he won't let me go." I crossed my arms over my chest with a huff, I seem like a brat, no? But in reality the only brat in the room was a boy who wouldn't let his own sister go to prom!

"Taehyung, why won't you let Lisa go to prom with you?"

"Well firstly because it's weird, she's my sister and I don't appreciate incest." He held up his index finger before his middle came in place. "Two, she's a junior. She can go to prom next year."