Lokki Bondevik

Dedicated to: Anjaz28 Undertale131 Grim1234 _TheHiddenSHADOW_

A thanks for all the vote !!😁
I'll try to mention others, I hope you still read this book!!

Vacation gone wrong

"Well, officer... It's nice knowing you but, I got to do something important. So.... Catch you later... Or me?"

That words were from your to-be-soulmate.

Your soulmate mark manifest the day of your 18th birthday in a dream, where you can't see anything but only hear the words your soulmate would say to you on your first meeting.

That was 3 years ago.

You're the youngest police officer in a small town you were stationed after graduating from the academy. The town is peaceful and quiet and not much  for a newbie officer like you. Daily checkups on parking meter and some volunteering to the elderly people was all good and nice, but your life is boring.

"I hope I got to do something exciting!" You bemoaned to your partner as you did your monthly drive all over the neighborhood.

"Be grateful, kiddo. Sometimes you won't want to have something exciting in this town." He chuckled as you gave him a frown.

"Well, just once is enough. What will happen?"

~~~

"Vacation!" You shouted happily to your partner, who was organising papers on his table.

"Yeah, good for you. And I'm the one who'll be sorting out this junk of papers!"

"Oh, don't be such a buzz kill, Al! I'll bring back some treats for you!" You laughed as he just waved you off.

Well, living alone in this place far from family makes you a bit lonely with only your coworkers has friends and the elders or the kids as your acquaintances. Teens tend to steer clear from you, you don't know if it's because your a police officer or they just don't like you particularly. It kinda makes you homesick.

By homesick that means walking in your home organized, beautiful, smells good and no laundry. Well, your apartment looks the opposite.

So you start your day by cleaning every nook and cranny of your apartment until late at night.

Ordering pizza was your dinner.

"That'll be *299 pesos."

"Here you go, thanks!" The delivery guy gave you a smile and a nod, you heard him whisper something but instead didn't think of it. Maybe he's just whining about not having a tip.

You plopped down your bed and scroll through your TV when you got to the News.

Apparently there was a group of con-artists around town and hasn't been identified yet, but they said the con-artists makes contracts you can't say no to because of the great acting, and they mostly target small stores or companies around town. Whereabouts were unknown and the most chilling of it is all the victims seem to not remember what they look like, it's like they were just a blur.

You sniffed annoyingly, this happens when I'm on vacation?

You shut off your TV and put the leftover pizza inside the fridge.

Putting on your PJs you decided tomorrow is laundry day. And lay on your bed to sleep.

~~~

"Good morning dear costumer!" The girl stationed on the counter of the laundromat greeted you. You greet back and asked for a change of coins and proceed to the washing machine, then you minded your own business.

There was only 1 other costumer an elder woman you remembered having help on mowing her lawn, she notices you and gave you a small smile, you smiled back and tried to occupy yourself with your phone.

After awhile you got up to go to the charging port for your phone just near the cashier's booth. Then walked back to your almost finished laundry.

When the door opens, you looked out of curiosity and saw a guy with pale skin and auburn hair, his eyes are bordering red. The guy was attractive but you don't go falling in love just by looks and you just met the person. Shrugging you notice the elder woman was having trouble with retrieving her laundry so you help her not noticing the dilemma the cashier is having. You finally noticed it when the girl unnaturally began to speak loud enough to draw suspicion on her trained self. You stood alert and looked at the guy who was smiling innocently at the girl but had an eye on you.

Having to be the very first youngest police officer in town makes you be recognized so it's not that surprising that if this guy is causing trouble he'll be drawing some cautious looks on her to avoid punishment.

"What seems to be the problem?" You asked politely and looking the girl in the eye to make sure she's not being secretly held with a knife or a gun, she's safe.

"He said he has something to offer to the our business, contracts and such..."

With that, you remembered the news about con-artists trying to form illegal contracts to small businesses. This is the culprit. You immediately took off your gun on you holster and point it to the guy.

"Hands up! I'm police, surrender and do as I say! Slowly walk away from her..." You showed your badge and you saw the guy widened his eyes, but not because of the gun pointed on him. He suddenly smirked puts up his hands and slowly walked away from the girl who is now crying silently, looking like in the verge of fainting. Being distracted by the girl's mental state you didn't notice the guy was inching towards the store, you notice it too late...

"Well, officer... It's nice knowing you but, I got to do something important. So.... Catch you later... Or me?" He ducked down and left through the door, leaving you staring at the door in shock.

"Miss officer?" The girl called snapping you out of your trance.

"Sorry I let him get away, are you ok?" You hid your gun and proceed to question the girl as you texted your partner to come in quickly.

Looks like my vacation would be on hold.

"An officer and a suspect... How cliché." You mumbled.

Fin

A/N:
*299 pesos is 6.15 US Dollar

I'm back and I'm sorry for a long long long looooooooooongggggg break I have done without telling you guys. It's just because of stress on this whole year and I can't go back to work and still don't have work and been looking for like many times and still none yet, and with this stress I finally tried writing so I think this part is due to that. So that means this wouldn't look good. I hope you all understand and to those who still reads this thank you! And to those new thanks so much for picking up this book and I hope you find it good in the long run. I'll try to update 2 or more today! See ya next chapter!!!
Love ya guys!!

Isda