Chapter 4

KL Rahul

I miss her. I miss her so so much. It's been almost a week and a half since Neha left for her tour. We have been face timing each other but it's just not enough. "Kidhar kho gaya bhai?" Hardik asks me as he puts the controller down. We were playing Fifa until I got lost in my thoughts about Neha.
"Fir Neha ke baare mein sooch raha hein? Why don't you surprise her by going to New Zealand? Her last match is still remaining."
"Your idea is not bad yaar, technically I could go and surprise her. Wait, lemme check for flight tickets. Tu aayega mere saath?"
"Are you insane? I don't want to become a third wheel there, you go chal." He said and I glared at him. I was lucky the tickets weren't sold out and then I made a call  to her Team Manager asking her if I could come to the match. Sure enough she had no problem with it and that being said I started packing.

***

I was now standing at the New Zealand airport at 4 in the morning. I decided to call Neha but then realisation hit me that this was a surprise to her. I took a cab and went to the hotel. After checking in and getting freshen up I drifted off to sleep.

Switching off my alarm I got up. It was 9:30 in the morning. I quickly got dressed up and picked up some  Starbucks on my way and headed towards the stadium. I reached just an hour before the match started and saw the playing 11 discussing something so I waited. Post their discussion I went and wrapped my hands around Neha's eyes and said "Guess who?" She immediately replied "KL" and turned around. I hugged her tight. "Fuck KL!  I didn't know you were going to show up at the match today. What a lovely surprise and by the way, I missed you." She said grinning wider than usual. "I missed you a lot so Harry told me to surprise you and you were amazing the last two matches."
"Thanks a lot KL. It's good to see you around. Unfortunately, I have to go right now we'll catch up post the match?"
"Sure, sure." I reply.

***

The second innings of the match were going on right now India was batting, and as usual Neha was killing it. The score to the first innings was 201 - 4. We all were silently praying that India should win this match. India needed 15 runs in 4 balls to win this match. The first ball was a four then followed by a six and the next was a dot ball. Neha had to hit a 6 otherwise we would lose this match. My heart started beating faster and the ball went up in the air and I caught it, sitting in the VIP section. India had finally won the match. We were all very happy.

I then noticed something written on the ball, it said- 'Would you be my boyfriend?' Wait what?! How did she even manage to do that. I look down and see Neha smirking I quickly write a 'Yes' and throw it at her which she immediately catches. As soon as she sees what's written she removes her helmet and runs inside. I go inside the room to see her and she just grabs my face and kisses me passionately. I felt like I got a 440 volt shock and we pulled back, both of us out of breath. As our foreheads rested against each others we both said together "I love you."