Chapter 31

NEHA

We hug each other and stay like that until we're interrupted by Hardik shouting "Neha meko bhoolna mat iss takle ke saath shaadi karne ke baad."

Me and KL both burst out laughing, way to interrupt the moment Harry!

We make our way to the stands, our hands interlaced together. Everyone congratulates us.
"I am so happy for you Neha. You finally got someone who deserves you." Virat tells me and I hug him.

"Meko abhi bhool gayi tu toh." Hardik says and pretends to cry.

"How can I ever forget you idiot?"  I engulf him in a bear hug.

"I think you guys should announce your engagement. Let the entire world know that the KL Rahul is taken by Neha Shergill." Asfiya says and I nod. Harry sits beside her, their hands interlaced.

"You wanna make this public KL?"

"Hell yeah!" He says and I chuckle.

I take out my phone and I see a lot of pictures sent by Harry. Indeed they were clicked when he proposed to me.

One picture caught my eye, it was the best picture among all of them. That minute when he went down on one knee and I just smiled and stared into his eyes. I put it with the caption '@rahulkl Always.' He would like this caption. From saying Harry Potter was for nerds to loving it more than any other movie. He turned out to be a bigger potterhead than I ever was.

Everything in my life was finally perfect. I had a loving family, an amazing job and now a fiancé who loved me more than his life itself. I could not ask for more. Finally, things had started falling in place. This was the best day of my life, so far.

I received another notification from my Instagram account. Looks like my boyfriend, oops! I mean my fiancé had just posted a picture with the lyrics of our favourite Taylor Swift song.
'@nehashergill You belong with me...'

KL came and sat beside me and we gazed at the constellations in the night sky. He finally broke the silence "Bhavna called." Oh damn! I completely forgot about my very loving to be sister-in-law.

"What'd she say?"

"She said that my folks want to meet you. Apparently Bhavna has alread told them how great you are and my folks can't wait to meet you. Although, they're kinda pissed at me for not telling them about us." I let out a laugh.

"So when are we leaving for Bangalore?" I ask him.

"There's no rush. It's all on you. Or wait, maybe we could call them at our apartment in Mumbai?"

"Nah I wanna see your childhood photo album and laugh at your stories."

"What makes you think I'll show you my embarrassing childhood photos?"

"I never asked you to show me the photos. It's Bhavna who's going to she already told me that."

"Ugh! I hate that girl." I let out a chuckle. Virat would always say this about me.

"So what do you want to do tonight?" I question him.

"Complete our Harry Potter movie marathon with blankets and ice cream." He states.

"You do know me the best."