Chapter 12

Neha

I saw KL pacing in the living hall and it was killing me to break up with him. After 4 years I had fallen in love and now that was about to end. The minute our eyes met KL walked towards me and asked "What did he say?"
"We need to talk KL."
"What happened?"
"Let's talk in the porch please."
"Haa chal"
"KL we cant do this anymore."
"Are you breaking up with me?"
I nod as a tear flows down my face.
"Why the fuck are you doing this Neha? He may be your elder brother but he can't have a say in who you want to date."
"KL I have to do this, I am sorry. We're done."
"Don't you love me Neha?" Tears now streaming down his face as well.
"Dont use the 'L' word KL."
"You never really loved me, did you?"
"I fucking love you a lot and it kills me to break us apart but you know what? Family comes first and Virat has done a lot for me and if he wants me to do something I will because without him I'd still be crying in my bedroom probably. He and Hardik really matter a lot to me. I'm sorry KL. I'm going to miss you a lot."

His lips come crashing onto mine and our lips sync together, I dont want to pull apart but I have to because I just promised my brother that I would break up with him. I pull apart and stare into his eyes. "Goodbye KL, take care." I start my bike and leave the beach house, letting my tears flow as I won't be seeing KL, my love, ever again in my life according to the pact.

***

It had been two days since the breakup and I would be lying if I'd say I was doing great. Truth was, I was a living mess. I looked like I took a trip to hell. And trust me Goa is my definition of hell. I am never returning back there. Just then my bedroom door opened and my best friend walked in. "Neha how you holding up?"
I immediately broke down in front of Hardik and he hugged me as I continued crying in his arms. "Shhh, shh, I'm here for you, don't cry. Come on Neha you're stronger than this." He wipes my tears.
"I miss him Harry, I want KL, Hardik. How's he holding up?"
"Not great. I came here thinking you'd be in a better state than him, but even you're a mess like him."
"You know what? He tried calling me, he told me that we can make this relationship work."
"You picked up his call?"
"No just heard his voicemail, that's all and it killed me even more."
"Neha, be strong. Tis too shall pass."
"You sound like a bloody Shakespeare." I laughed for the first time in two days.
"Hey! That reminds me tera birthday aa raha hein Neha!"
"Bohot time hein uske liye." Hardik rolled his eyes.
"Takli aurat, iss sunday ko tera birthday hein. Six days to go! Woohoo!" I nodded.
"Virat teko poochega ki birthday ke liye kya chahiye, tab tu bol dena 'Rahul' chahiye." I rolled my eyes.
"Are you crazy? The last thing I want is to make Virat mad on my birthday."
"Accha forget that. We'll go shopping for your birthday to the mall, you'll definitely feel better."
"Sure, Mcchicken makes me very happy."
"You are crazy. Remind me again why I tolerate you?"
"Because there's no one else who can understand your crazy thoughts better than me."