Chapter 28

Neha

As soon as I saw KL boarding his flight, I immediately went to Anushka and grabbed my wheelie case. Also handing her the keys to my Volvo. "Please take care of my car. I love her too much."

"You and Virat don't trust me enough, chill. I'll take care of this."
She said casually and it freaked me out. I mean I love Anushka and all but I just don't trust her enough when it comes to cars. I hope my silver Volvo is still safe when I return back to India. Yes! That's right! I am going to surprise ny boyfriend by showing up on our Anniversary. Virat already knows about this plan, so he's booked a room for me in a hotel. Let's just hope things go according to this plan. Australia here I come!

***

Apparently the hotel that Virat checked me into is the same hotel where the ICT is staying. Now I'm going to have a hard time hiding from KL but it's anyways going to be worth it. I took my wheelie case and was about to enter my room when some kid bumped into me.

"Hey, sweetie are you okay?" I looked at her and she was none other than Ziva.

"Neha diiii." She yelled and she hugged me. I hugged her back.

"Shh shh, itna chillao mat."

"Kyu Neha di?"

Just as I was about to answer her question I was cut off by Sakshi di.

"Arrey Neha, I had no clue you were coming here."

"Di you come inside I can't talk here."

"Okay come Ziva."

We entered my room and I put the wheelie case beside the night stand. I then sat right beside Sakshi di in the balcony  while Ziva played on the bed.

"Actually di, I am here to surprise KL."

"Ohh, any special occasion or just like that?"

"Well our one year Anniversary is coming up, so yeah, I came to surprise him."

"So you're coming for the match right?"

"Umm, no, not exactly."

"Why not?"

"KL thinks I'm in India so I'll just meet him directly on our Anniversary. I want to see the shocked expression on his face." Me and di laughed at this.

"So does anyone know that you're here?"

"Except Virat Anushka, Hardik and now you, no one else does."

"That's nice, so what have you planned?"

"I was thinking anout surprising him at midnight on our Anniversary with some coffee, to be more specific black coffee."

"Neha, Rahul is right you're definitely nuts for coffee. You're caffeine intake is way too much." She said and we both laughed.

"I was just kidding about the coffee part of it. I'm anyways going to surprise him at midnight and then after the match I'd either take him out for dinner or maybe order something or make something."

"Ohh sounds interesting. I can't wait for the day you too get married."

"Sakshi di yaar, not you also."

"What do you mean?"

"My mom, dad, Virat, Anushka, Bhavna and all my friends have been literally chewing off my brain to get married." She laughed at this.

"Anyways what are you doing today?"

"Nothing much, why?"

"I was thinking of taking Ziva to a theme park. Wanna join us?"

"Who all are gonna be there?"

"Just us girls."

"Oh okay count me in then."

"Great!"

"Come on Ziva let's have some fun!"

***

I was desperately waiting for the clock to strike 12. The past two weeks hiding from KL was really difficult but I managed to do it anyways. I was almost caught at the dining pavilion, if it wouldn't have been for Mahi bhai my surprise would be flop. He would face time me everyday and I would be flat on the bed so that he wouldn't recognise that I was not at home.

The clock finally struck midnight and I grabbed his Anniversary present and walked out of my room. I was wearing light grey jeans along with a white tee that said 'I am going to bed, before either of you come up with another crazy idea, to get us Killed or worse Expelled.' It was a classic Hermione Granger quote and also a gift from KL because I was mad at him. He and Hardik basically ditched me and went to the 'Wizarding World' post their tour.

I got a call from KL. I instantly picked it up.

"Hey, I know it's still not midnight in India but still Happy Anniversary Neha. I love you so much."

"Happy Anniversary to you too KL Rahul. The man of my dreams. Love you to the moon and back. Chal abb darwaza khol."

"What?"

"I got a surprise for you."

He opened the door and gasped. "Holy cr-" he was interrupted by my lips against his. I kissed him tight. Letting our tongues linger. His hands worked up from my waist to my hair. We finally pulled apart.

"How in the name of Jesus are you here?" He questioned me while he pulled me by my waist inside the room.

"Well I was always here, just that you didn't notice me." I say sheepishly.

"What do you mean?" He asks raising his left eyebrow.

"I came here on the same day as you. Virat booked a room for me and if you're thinking that I didn't come for the match you were wrong. I was there just that I was not in the VIP lounge. I was with the people in the common stands, wearing a hoodie and glasses."

"You're crazy and amazing at the same time." He said and I chuckled.

"Here open this." I said while handing him the gift.

"What is it?"

"See for yourself."

He excitedly tore the gift wrap and gasped. "Neha, I seriously did not expect this. It's way too much."

"Oh come on! I know you like them, let's just enjoy this." I had gifted him the tickets to Marshmello's concert which was in May.

"Thanks a lot. Here you go open this." I took the shiny parcel from him and tore the wrapping right off. I was surprised seeing both the gifts it was just amazing. He had gifted me The Fault in our Stars copy signed by none other than John Green himself and a watch which had the words inscribed 'You're my once upon a time.'

"KL this is amazing. I love it. Thanks a lot."

"Neha today post the match I'm taking you out. Be ready."

"I wanted to take you out."

"You can take me out when we're in India. Deal?"

"Deal."