Chapter 14

Neha

I wore an oversized hoodie with light blue jeans and sneakers and pulled my hair into a messy ponytail. Hardik was staring at me. "Kya?"
"You seriously look like, you're suffering from a break up." I roll my eyes at him and say "That's because I am."
"Tune news dekha kya?"
"Nahi toh, kya hua? Teri koi ex teri badnami kar rahi hein kya?" I burst out laughing and Hardik just glared at me.
"Tera Women's T20 World Cup mein selection ho gaya!"
"What?! This is amazing. How do you know about this and not me?"
"Because while you were busy getting ready I was busy watching Star Sports. The selection committee totally wanted you on the team."
"Oh my god! This is great!" I hug him.
"Chal aaj meri treat. Teko joo khaana hein woh khaa."
"Yayyy!" Hardik yelled.

***

I got three missed calls from Virat but I just don't feel like I could talk to him right now, so I turn my phone off and go with Hardik to H&M. After an hour of searching I finally found two dresses that I actually liked, one of them which was picked out by Hardik. One of them was a dark green dress which came upto my mid thighs and the top of it was transparent with lace. The second one was a plane black crop top with spaghetti strips and a mini skirt with checks.
"So which one do I look better in?"
"You look amazing in both."
"But I am buying just one. So tell me which one?"
"The green one."
"Kk cool. Let's go."
"I'll keep this black outfit and come you go."
"Okay"

I head to the cash counter and buy my dress and wait for Hardik outside the store. He comes after 5 minutes with a H&M bag.
"What'd you buy?"
"Your birthday gift." He hands over the bag to me and I peep in to see the black outfit.
"Hardik, you didn't have to do this."
"Meko tera gift khareed na tha vaise bhi, so I thought why not buy that dress for you?"
"Aww, you're so sweet."
"Chal abb iss bhukkad ko treat de food court mein."
"You're impossible."

On our way to the food court many people came over to us asking for selfies, some even told us that we look cute together. Good Lord! These people have an amazing imagination. We end up going to our usual favourite restaurant that is McDonald's and then I get a Keventer's shake and he gets icecream. A day well spent with my bestfriend.

***
Hey guys!
Thanks for supporting this book so much and I promise you I'll be updating everyday. Don't forget to vote and comment. Your comments make my day. Love you guys loads!