Chapter 23

NEHA

I woke up to a strong headache. As much as I loved going to the pub. I hated hangovers. KL is going to kill me. I promised him that the next day I wouldn't wake up with a hangover. I switch on my phone. Oh shoot! Its eleven in the morning. I pull my hair into a bun and go to the washroom to freshen up.

I walk outside my room to see not even a single soul awake accept my boyfriend who's making coffee. "Hey, look who's up. I didn't think that you'd be awake so soon."
"Nor did I, is there some coffee?"
"Yeah, I knew you'd be awake soon so I made coffee for you as well." He said handing me a mug full of coffee as we sat on the chairs in the balcony.
"Neha we need to talk."
"I know. I know. I promised you that I wouldn't drink too much. It just kinda slipped. I am really sorry. Please don't be mad at me."
"No that's not what I'm talking about, but yes I want you to be more careful when you're at a pub." I nodded.
"Do you remember anything that happened last night?" I shook my head. Fear making its way to me. I was scared about what stunt I'd pulled this time and this had really started freaking me out.
"Well you were really really drunk and you proposed to me."
"Wait, what?!"
"Yeah you asked me if I wanted to marry you and the way you said it sounded dead serious."
"What'd you say?"
"I obviously said 'no' because you weren't in your senses and the last thing I wanted was to accept your proposal when you were drunk as fuck."

I don't know why but this thing is killing me, although he did the right thing. What if he still isn't sure about us being together in the future? Should I confront him?

"If I'd be sober and then I'd proposed to you, would you have accepted it?" I asked putting on my poker face.

"Hell yeah!" He grins and I laugh.

***

"What should we do tonight?" Pankhuri asks us as we drink coffee. It's four in the evening.

"I was thinking about going for the fest." Anushka stated.

"We are not going." Me and Hardik said together pointing towards each other.

"Why not?" KL asked.

"Let's just say that we have bad memories of the fest." I state.

"What happened at the fest?" Virat questioned.

"We don't talk about it Virat. We have sworn that we wouldn't tell anyone about it, unless absolutely necessary." Hardik explains.

"But you guys can always go there and have fun." I added.

"KL you'll be joining us or Neha?" Sakhi asked him.

"I'll go with Neha and Hardik." KL answers. I get up from the table and sit next to him on the couch. My head resting on his chest.

"If you guys want to make it in time for the fest, then you'll should leave right now. It'll take at least another hour to reach." I tell them truthfully.

"How do you know so much about Huntington Beach?" KL asked me with a questioning look.

"I was brought up in California, hun obviously I know this place."  I tell him.

"Yeah but you were brought up in Los Angeles and we're at Huntington Beach."

"Okay let's just say the distance between Huntington Beach and Los Angeles is like Andheri to Santacruz."

"Ohh I didn't know that. Anyways what are we going to do today?"

"Since we're at Huntington Beach I wanted to go meet my cousins and their friends."

"Yippee, we're going to Brent's." Hardik yelled and threw his arms up in the air.

"It's great that your cousin's name is Brent. Any chance he knows Brent Riviera?" KL joked.

"My cousin is Brent Riviera." I replied in an even tone.

"You've got to be kidding me Neha." He said as he shook his head.

"I am not, for once believe me." I laughed.

"You guys get ready quickly, we'll go surprise them." Hardik told us and went off to his room.

"Did you book my flight ticket yet?" I ask KL.

"No not yet and besides Virat is doing the booking this time, why?"

"I am going to go visit my folks. It's been a long time since I last saw them."

"Oh okay, even I'll join you."

"You sure about that? I dont want to burden you."

"Damn sure."

I smiled, what'd I do to deserve him?

***

"Hey you guys! How was the fest?" I asked them while I checked the time. It was just ten in the night.

"How are you all home so early?" Hardik asks.

"We got really bored there." Rishabh told.

"It wasn't what we were exactly expecting to be." Krunal explained.

"Glad I stayed with you guys." KL said and Krunal glared at him.

"What did you guys do?" Virat asked while he removed his shoe.

"Oh, we went to visit Brent and the gang." I replied.

"Why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Anushka whined.

"It was kinda impromptu."

"How's everyone?" Virat asked.

"Well, Lexi Rivera is dating Ben and then Lexi Hensler has also found herself a boyfriend. As for Brent he is still single."

"Ayy that's nice." Virat said.

"Who's Brent? By the names you'll are taking it sounds like the Youtuber." Rohit says.

"Yes Ro. We're talking about Brent Rivera the Youtuber. He's my cousin."

"I had no clue about this. The next time you go meet him, I'mcoming with you." Rohit said and I chuckled.

"Anyways we're heading to bed." Krunal told and took off with Pankhu followed by everyone.

"Virat could I talk to you for a moment?" I ask him.

"Yeah tell me. What's up?" He asks.

"Well I wanted to let you know that I am going to go meet my folks along with KL. So don't book our flight tickets."

"Okay cool have fun. Goodnight."

"I will. Goodnight."

***
Salut mes amis!

I hope you'll are enjoying the book so far. There's loads of chapters coming up soon. Comment down below who according to you is the best cricketer in the ICT. And don't forget to vote!

Ciao